Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 Camera Requires a Subscription after 3 month Trial Period

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Bobk99
Follower
Follower

Just learned that the Pro3 camera requires a subscription after the 90 trial period in order to access I cloud for Library of your alarms. This was not the case with Pro2 models. So be sure you planned for cost of monthly subscription. 

1 REPLY 1
koocifer
Tutor
Tutor

I bought my current arlo system based off of 2 friends who had an arlo 2.  I went with a pro3 thinking the experience would be similar (without subscription).  Turns out it is far from it.  When using local storage (usb stick) you will have to download each video to view it versus just playing it from the cloud.  So that experience you had viewing videos for the first 90 days is completely different from what you will end up with.  

On top of that, activity zones apparently are also part of the subscription package meaning that if you decide not to go with a subscription you will not be able to set activity zones.  The "work around" for this is to have your camera powered by hard wire.   

Had i known these pieces of information, I would have gone with the previous model.  I would have thought that when you move up in models you would not lose functionality, but this is clearly the case if you choose to go with an arlo pro3 without subscription.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation