Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Disabling notifications for owner but keep for "grant access" friend

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
nmargoss
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think this question has been asked in a few different forms, but I can't find a straight answer. I am the account owner and I have granted access to all of my cameras to a friend (with admin rights). Is there any way to have push notifications (iOS) for myself for only one camera, yet keep them all on for my friend? I swear I was able to do this on my old phone, but after getting a new phone, I can't figure out how to do it again. Also, I don't see the pencil/edit icon on my friend's app next to the Armed mode. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@nmargoss wrote:

I think this question has been asked in a few different forms, but I can't find a straight answer. I am the account owner and I have granted access to all of my cameras to a friend (with admin rights). Is there any way to have push notifications (iOS) for myself for only one camera, yet keep them all on for my friend? I swear I was able to do this on my old phone, but after getting a new phone, I can't figure out how to do it again. 

I don't know of any way to do this with push notifications.  But you could switch that camera to use email alerts. Or alternatively, don't share the camera at all.

@nmargoss wrote:

Also, I don't see the pencil/edit icon on my friend's app next to the Armed mode. Thanks!

They can access/switch modes, but I don't think admin access gives them the ability to edit modes.

nmargoss
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. Again, I could've sworn I was able to do this on my old phone but maybe being able to was a glitch. Not sure how or why limiting push notifications for one user but not all has not been implemented yet. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation