Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
rwxrwx
Apprentice
Apprentice

When I log in using a web browser (Chrome) and try to live play one of the cameras I get the message listed in the subject line of this post.  I am still in a trial mode and double checked to see if the cameras were still listed (Manage Cameras) and they were.  What gives?

14 REPLIES 14
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens if you use the mobile app? Have you tried reinserting the battery to reset the camera?

rwxrwx
Apprentice
Apprentice

The mobile app I am able to pull up live views.  And it's not just one camera that is not engaging.  It's all 4.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rwxrwx,

This indicates something on your computer or browser is blocking access to live streams. Are you on a work network? Any third party software on your system that could block access?

JamesC

rwxrwx
Apprentice
Apprentice

This occurs on both my home network that the cameras are on and my office network.  Doesn't matter which.  Both networks use ESET as protection.

dm61509
Tutor
Tutor

We have the same system and all of our cameras have been doing the same all week. The base station has a blue LED light and shows being online, but the cameras continue to go offline or won't connect to the base station. We get the "device failed to connect" error from both the desktop and mobile app. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

Have you tried as jguerdat suggested to pull the battery and reinsert it to reset the cams as a first step short of removing all all cams and adding them again? Or even power cycle the Hub. 

dm61509
Tutor
Tutor

While this works temporarily, having to do it multiple times a day for each camera is an absurd solution for the price of this system. A quick scroll through the posts in the community over the past few days make it blatantly obvious this is a widespread issue, not localized to a single customer or user error. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is looking into these reports. I will provide an update once we have more information.

JamesC

Rak9378
Star
Star

Hi,

Have there been any updates here?  My system has been doing this a lot lately including one camera that I have on a CVR plan which is extremely frustrating.

thx

rwxrwx
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same here.  Smarthub has the solid blue light yet cameras on the app says "Your device is not connected.  Make sure it's connected to your router an has a working internet connection.".

MAMiller44
Guide
Guide
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the iOS mobile app is available from the app store. Please make sure you have the latest version downloaded and test again to see if you experience the same behavior.

JamesC

MacMurdo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been experiencing this issue only on the VMB3010 with the two connected devices noted. Please note, this setup worked flawlessly for the past 2 years until, I'm guessing August or September.

Just as others have posted, I only get the error when I'm using the mobile app, and yes, I have the current iOS app from the App Store. I just completed a new download and login and still same behavior.

Any thoughts??

Thanks.

rwxrwx
Apprentice
Apprentice

The last week or so I've been experiencing higher than normal drop off once again.  3 to 5 times a day I try to access my cameras only to get the message on all cameras that they are offline.  If I'm near the hub I can see that it's flashing amber rather than a solid blue.  I check my router and IP connections and they are fine.  This issue was supposed to have been fixed with an update.  While the update worked for a short while now it's reared its ugly head once again.  One thing I'll say about Arlo cams is this.  Their cameras are phenomenal.  Great clarity and built well.  Their software?  2.5 out of 5 stars.  And I'm probably being generous with that ranking.  Maybe I'm being rash and really should be blaming the hub which would be considered hardware but most of the time things get fixed with firmware which is under the banner of software.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation