Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera Placement Help

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SkinnyPomsky
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I'm getting ready to install an Arlo Pro 3 in my home and am looking for help/advice about how many cameras to use, where to place them, and perhaps even what type of camera (floodlight, etc).

I've included a plan of the home and indicated where I currently have a doorbell camera at the front door (facing out towards the car port). There is also a back door (not indicated on the plan, but near the 50.7' mark on the back wall). A privacy fence runs most of the way around the house (the thin black line inside the thicker property boundary line)

Thanks!

Home layout.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
SkinnyPomsky
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does Arlo not allow images to be posted?

dcfox1
Master
Master

They do but a mod has to approve it. They just didn't do it yet. 

SkinnyPomsky
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ahhhh! Thanks!

dcfox1
Master
Master

A hard question to answer depending on what you want. The Pro3 spotlight need the hub to connect to. The Pro3 floodlight can connect to your own wifi as well as a hub. The Pro4 spotlight coming out can also connect to either. It has pretty much the Pro3 spotlight but can connect to wifi. For part of the question the flood light will give you more light coverage and could be better at your car port. 

SkinnyPomsky
Aspirant
Aspirant

I currently have the Arlo Smarthub and 2 Arlo Pro3 cameras. I know I'll need more, but for the sake of keeping it a little less open ended, maybe capping it at 2 or 3 more?

I'd like to keep to wifi as its just an easier setup with my home. 

The doorbell camera offers decent coverage of the carport and approach to the home. I'd like to have the front yard covered directly in front of the house and then the backyard as much as possible. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation