Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Connection Issues

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
GretchenCarlson
Initiate
Initiate

Hello.

We have 2 Arlo 3 Cameras and they have been working fine for 2 years.  We love them.  Now we are having issues.  At first, this issue was just with one camera, but now it’s both. We thought it was a battery issue for the one camera, so we bought new battery and found that is not the issue.  It has to do with the cameras not connecting.  When I hit play to see live view, it just times out, even though internet signal strength is high and our other camera can connect to it fast with no problem.  I tried re-setting the camera and that didn’t help with the problem.  

I checked some troubleshooting articles , and this is what I have done:  I removed our base station and both cameras from our account.  

I reset the base station and both cameras, removed the batteries.

Then, I reconnected the base station to the internet (we have verizon internet and both are right next to each other and were working previously) and then I added back the base station to our account, and then both cameras.  
While adding each camera, I went through that add device, discover device, press sync button, named the cameras, but then it came to the part where it was telling me to position the camera and it said “Video Bandwidth” and then below it I could see it was Connecting….with the round moving circle and it looked like it was waiting and trying to connect.

Then, it said “request timed out” and I hit OKAY.  But, the video bandwith appeared as if it was still trying to connect, then it came up with another message “Device failed to connect, Please try again”.  While this was going on, the camera I was trying to connect was blinking blue.  I hit the CONTINUE button, and then the FINISH button.  So, now that I’ve done all this, my base station and both cameras are added back to our account, but every time I click on a camera to see the live view, it just says it times out.  And now, even the camera that was working before…the one that was connecting before and recordning and was working just fine, now that one is doing the same thing as the other.  And, the original “bad” camera’s light keeps coming on (like it used to when it was working and recording), seems to be random though and not activated by any movement.
And when I check in the library and it hasn't recorded anything.  
And, one strange thing…both cameras (when I go to Devices) have a current picture, like from just a couple minutes ago when I was trying to set them up. So, they are recording, I guess but just can’t figure out what is going on.  My internet is very good, very strong and both cameras and hub are within just a few feet from each other currently, and still not connecting even though it shows strong signal strength.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me on how to resolve this?  I love these cameras and they have been so good...it just feels like I am so close to what the issue is...like things are working, but maybe I am just doing something wrong with the setup?  Or, maybe I messed something because now my "good" camera has also gone "bad".  LOL!  Please help, if you can.  Thank you in advance!  

Firmware: 1.060.12.2_6_fd2b14a
Hardware: H9

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the cameras are next to each other, there could be interference - try separating them by several feet. Also, try bringing the cameras closer to the base to see if that helps. Finally, try movinmg the base away from the router as much as practical.

Rjsmts
Aspirant
Aspirant
I, too, am having intermittent connectivity issues. We purchased the bundle and this is the only camera with the issue. We have checked the batteries, connection to Internet, camera distance from others as well as internet signals. Does anyone have any other suggestions for troubleshooting?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rjsmts wrote:
 Does anyone have any other suggestions for troubleshooting?

Have you tried swapping the camera with one that doesn't have this issue?

Then see if the problem stays with the camera or the location.

GretchenCarlson
Initiate
Initiate

I tried all suggestions, and still having issues.

I just had the battery charged to 100%, and it lost charge within a day, even though it's not working or connecting.  I am at a loss.  It will charge up just fine and have 100%,  and I can hear it, like the sounds it's making like it's working and the light comes on as if it's recording something, but I keep getting the message when I'm on the device and hit play, it times out and cannot connect.  It is just this camera. 

Any other suggestions?  Thank you so much. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Mmorris_951
Initiate
Initiate

Was this ever resolved

Matybea
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hola tengo el mismo problema me pasa lo mismo que comentaste, pudiste solucionar el problema? Me podrías ayudar por favor 

Hello, I have the same problem, the same thing you mentioned happens to me, were you able to solve the problem? Could you help me please

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation