Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cloud and local recordings do not align. Case1485912

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
drewcam8888
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have had issues where recordings on local storage and cloud do not match. Many recordings end up only on one or the other. I have created a case with Arlo but have received no significant help other than this is a known problem. Do others have similar issues? I knew there were problems a few months ago before I bought my system. So not sure if this is a new problem or a continuation of the previous issues. It can't be a connection issue as I always get notifications but many times the recording are on local only. Which is ok minus when I am away I can't view what happened during the event.
3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

drewcam8888,

How often do you notice this? Is there any trend or consistency when it occurs? (time of day, type of motion etc.)

Are you using Activity Zones? Because Activity Zones take place on the cloud, motion that occurs outside of the zones will show up in local storage but not on the cloud (the cloud determines the motion is outside the zone and filters it).

JamesC

drewcam8888
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wow thanks for the information about the activity zones as this could be the reason.  It is amazing that no one in customer service offered this hint.  I will try to see if this is zone related.  Otherwise I don't see any consistency to the recordings.

Phoney49
Luminary
Luminary
I have an issue I opened months ago, no resolution or update. If a camera is triggered by another device, there is a recording in the cloud, but not locally.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation