Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Gk58
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cannot get my pro 3 to charge 

11 REPLIES 11
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Gk58

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Thanks 

Gk58
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still not charging. Any recommendations?

Gk58
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still not working 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Gk58 wrote:

Still not working 

Some more details would help.

• Is this a new camera, or an old one?
  • Are you charging it outdoors?  If so, what is the temperature?
  • Was the battery completely discharged when you first tried to charge it?
  • Have you tried another charger?
  • Have you tried another cable (if you have one)?
  • Do you have any other Pro 3 cameras?  If so, have you tried swapping the battery with one in another camera?
Gk58
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought a refurbished arlo pro 3 on Amazon. It appears new and in good shape.  Came with magnetic charging cord.  

Successfully charged camera after purchase.  Camera worked fine.   Tried charging outside after battery was at approx 30%.  Couldn’t get it to charge, brought it inside and connected charger to it.  After a few attempts got it to charge. Again camera worked ok.  When battery reached approx 30% I brought it inside and attempted to charge it. No luck. 

I currently own 5 arlo pro 2 cameras and the single pro 3.  Batteries and charger are not interchangeable.  I only have the single charger and battery that came with the camera. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Gk58 wrote:

Batteries and charger are not interchangeable.  

The battery and cable are not interchangeable.  But the Pro/Pro2 USB charger will work with the Pro 3, so you might see if using that charger (or any other 2 Amp USB charger you have) makes any difference.

Gk58
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 arlo usb chargers.  Tried both of them. Both work with arlo pro 2 cameras, nether work with the pro 3. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Gk58 wrote:

I have 2 arlo usb chargers.  Tried both of them. Both work with arlo pro 2 cameras, nether work with the pro 3. 

Then it could be the camera, the cable, or the battery.  No easy way to tell.  You might open the housing, and make sure the contacts are clean.

Can you return it to the seller?

Gk58
Aspirant
Aspirant

No I tried that already.  The battery lasted about 3 weeks after the first charge.  I got about 3 weeks out of the second charge. Total of 6 weeks.  Amazon replied that they would have issued a refund within 30 days of purchase.    I am very disappointed in this product.  First issue is without a subscription with arlo you get NO recordings with the pro 3.  With the Pro 2 you get 7 days of recordings.  Didn’t know when I purchased the camera.  I thought I was upgrading with a better camera.  I was wrong.  Second thing is without a subscription arlo support is virtually nonexistent, with exception of this communication.  The virtual chat system is absolutely useless. To the point I will never purchase another netgear product.  

Gk58
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did remove the camera from the housing and looked at the contacts.   All look good. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

FYI, Netgear divested Arlo back in 2018.   They have no ownership in Arlo (they didn't retain any stock).

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation