Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't discover base station

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Fred-Clayjar
Aspirant
Aspirant

SO my Arlo was connected to a Wifi Extender and it worked fine for several months. Then that wifi extender died. I connected it to an other extender but it could't connect to any of my devices. I tried to connect it to my main router. That didn't work either. I removed the devices from my account. I reset the base station many times. The app still can't discover the base station. 

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe what ever killed your extender, killed the base at same time.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fred-Clayjar,

What LED behavior do you see on the base station?

JamesC

Fred-Clayjar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wifi extender died because it was a few years old and not very good.

Fred-Clayjar
Aspirant
Aspirant
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fred-Clayjar,

A solid blue LED means the base station is connected to the internet.

When you say you reset the base station before trying to add it back to your account, did you follow these reset instructions: How can I reset my Arlo SmartHub or base station to the default values?

JamesC

Fred-Clayjar
Aspirant
Aspirant

I reset it like 20 times in the past month. Doing those exact instructions. Yes it would flash amber before becoming blue.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fred-Clayjar,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Fred-Clayjar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. I already did but wasn't much help. He suspected my ports were closed. I tried to open the ports 80 and 443 in my router yesterday. Wasn't sure if I was doing it right too. Anyway looks like the port forwarding finally worked today because it just started working again. Long month. Thanks.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation