Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can’t access recordings

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kaminsr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can’t access recordings from another device. This system sucks. Anyone want to buy my cameras??
10 REPLIES 10
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kaminsr wrote:
Can’t access recordings from another device. This system sucks.?

These devices are all onboarded to the same account?

kaminsr
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes.  i used to be able to access from my wife's phone but now that does not work

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kaminsr wrote:

yes.  i used to be able to access from my wife's phone but now that does not work

Have you tried resharing the cameras to your wife's account?

kaminsr
Aspirant
Aspirant

She cannot view locally stored videos as a guest.  she logs in with my account.  it used to work and now not.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kaminsr wrote:

She cannot view locally stored videos as a guest.  she logs in with my account.  it used to work and now not.

FWIW, it would be faster if you included the relevant details in the first post.

So she is using your account credentials, but cannot access locally stored videos.  You can still do that from your phone.

Is her phone connected to your home wifi?  Or is she trying to use port forwarding or a home VPN?

Is the phone Android?  Or iOS?

kaminsr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Correct

Her phone is connected to home wifi.  No port forwarding or vpn

both phones iOS

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kaminsr wrote:

Her phone is connected to home wifi.  No port forwarding or vpn

both phones iOS

Interesting.  FWIW, I have two VMB5000 base stations.  Local storage works on one, but not the other (even though they are both set up for it).  Arlo hasn't gotten to investigating it yet (not a priority for me, since I do have a subscription).

Have you checked if "local network" is enabled?  (go into "general" in Apple settings, and scroll down until you see the Arlo Secure App.  Then select it).

If it is enabled, I suggest rebooting the phone.

kaminsr
Aspirant
Aspirant

well son of a bi...  local network was not enabled.  not sure how that happened.  thank StephenB!!!

kaminsr
Aspirant
Aspirant

well it's broken again.  

kaminsr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cannot access videos on smarthub.  Tried everything.  Local network is enabled on iphone.  Was working fine until 11-3.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation