Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can only connect via wifi, not cellular

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Plaidgadjo
Follower
Follower
Just bought this system and found out that I can only use it when I'm home - rendering it unsafe and useless. Any other app I have works while on cellular data, but Arlo disables all of my cameras and shows "no internet connection". Tried logging out of app, but can't even log back in unless on wifi. I bought this system because I thought I didn't need a subscription to view and receive notifications while away from home. Going to have to return if this isn't possible.
1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Plaidgadjo wrote:
Just bought this system and found out that I can only use it when I'm home - rendering it unsafe and useless. Any other app I have works while on cellular data, but Arlo disables all of my cameras and shows "no internet connection". Tried logging out of app, but can't even log back in unless on wifi. I bought this system because I thought I didn't need a subscription to view and receive notifications while away from home. Going to have to return if this isn't possible.

You can receive notifications w/o a subscription, and that does work on my phone using cellular data.

You can't see the recording w/o a subscription, unless you are using direct access to local storage.  That requires port forwarding to use over cellular with Android (there seems to be a bug with the VPN support).  But it does work over OpenVPN with iOS.

What phone are you using, and what version of iOS / Android does it use?

Also, what version of the app are you running?

What ISP are you using for internet?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation