Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
coolcucumber
Follower
Follower

I have two Arlo Pro 3s in my house and only want to have them on when I am away, mostly to keep an eye on my pets. I know I can disarm them when I get home, but I would also feel much safer with a physical barrier on the lens in addition to disarming. Is there some kind of lens cover accessory (from Arlo or third party) I can purchase, or am I stuck MacGyvering something together myself with duct tape?

So far I've been physically removing the cameras when I am home, making it a bit of a hassle to reposition them at just the right angles when I leave. In addition, if I have someone watching my cats I want them to easily be able to put on a lens cover while they're in my house and then remove it as they're leaving without having to reposition the cameras.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

TMK, there currently are no physical lens caps for the P3...  tho it sounds like a great 3D printer idea.

Maybe as you stated, maybe a macgyver flip over card that sits on top of the camera.

I currently just place a small object in front of the cameras that are in sensitive places but don't worry about the others when disarmed.

Or the best solution are the newer Essential Indoor cams which have a built in shutter

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TomMac wrote:

Maybe as you stated, maybe a macgyver flip over card that sits on top of the camera.

Or maybe a cloth bag that you put over the camera?  That should prevent any motion detection from happening.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation