Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Cristian22
Aspirant
Aspirant
Saturday I got installed my Arlo Pro 3 Hub + 2 cameras. No problems at all, straight forward installation, 3 months trial activated untill 5th of March.
Now the problem occurred yesterday, the cameras stopped working (both in the same time), showing Offline in the app. Then I had a read on the community and tried multiple things: restarting all the equip (router, hub, cameras). Then deleted cameras, tried to add them up, not shown, not discoverable. Then i have reset everything, even home router, disabled any kind of firewall it had, changed UTP cable, renamed Arlo Hub, manually opened ports 80, 123 and 443. Removed battery from each camera, reset them many times, tried manual sync, tried pretty much I found here on the forum. I have opened a ticket too but time zone is different and don t know if anyone would answer anytime soon...
After so many attempts got so frustrated... The cameras are both, undiscoverable. Lost the whole day trying to resolve this issue.
On top of that, I just realised the subscription plan (3 months trial) has disappeared from my account (web & app)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cristian22
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi again,

My issue was solved!
After many many attempts trying to resolve the problem of syncing, I got a Hub replacement today and installed it. Everything worked great, straight forward like the first time. Somehow was difficult for us to find the issue because the Hub seemed to operate normally (led light flashing accordingly to setup, restarting, reseting etc) but no communication between cameras and the base.

Thanks to Fardeen from customer service, which has been very patient with my case, we lost a few days trying to solve this. Thank you again, if anyone can show this to I would appreciate.

Thank you @JamesC, you can put this post as "solved" or delete it. I think others might get help in case they encounter the same issues.

My cameras work great now!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Cristian22
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello dear Arlo users,

I m new around here and I am desperate to find some help as the chat (agents offline) and the telephone number nobody is answering (keep waiting for 5 min then connection drops).
I have installed my Arlo Pro 3 Hub + 2 cameras on Saturday. No problems at all, straight forward installation, 3 months trial activated untill 5th of March.
Now the problem occurred yesterday, the cameras stopped working (both in the same time), showing Offline in the app. Then I had a read on the community and tried multiple things: restarting all the equip (router, hub, cameras). Then deleted cameras, tried to add them up, not shown, not discoverable. Then i have reset everything, even home router, disabled any kind of firewall it had, changed UTP cable, renamed Arlo Hub, manually opened ports 80, 123 and 443. Removed battery from each camera, reset them many times, tried manual sync, tried pretty much I found here on the forum. I have opened a ticket too (#42840590) but time zone is different and don t know if anyone would answer anytime soon...
After so many attempts got so frustrated... The cameras are both, undiscoverable. Lost about 12h trying to resolve this issue.
On top of that, I just realised the subscription plan (3 months trial) has disappeared from my account (web & app) ... What is going on??
I am so frustrated and feel sorry for paying this amount of money for a system which survived 3 days...
Please help me out or tell me what I need to do because I really really need cctv at the location
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cristian22,

I've reviewed and escalated your open support ticket. An agent will be reaching out to you with a status update as soon as possible.

JamesC

Cristian22
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi @JamesC,
Thank you so much for getting in touch. I will wait for the agent to contact me.
Since I opened the ticket yday, I tried many things today. Been talking to my ISP, took another brand new router, took the Arlo system to other 2 houses, put the hub and cameras in DMZ (green light for any connection related to Arlo in or out)
Anyway, will come back here with a result.
Thanks again!
Cristian22
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi again,

My issue was solved!
After many many attempts trying to resolve the problem of syncing, I got a Hub replacement today and installed it. Everything worked great, straight forward like the first time. Somehow was difficult for us to find the issue because the Hub seemed to operate normally (led light flashing accordingly to setup, restarting, reseting etc) but no communication between cameras and the base.

Thanks to Fardeen from customer service, which has been very patient with my case, we lost a few days trying to solve this. Thank you again, if anyone can show this to I would appreciate.

Thank you @JamesC, you can put this post as "solved" or delete it. I think others might get help in case they encounter the same issues.

My cameras work great now!
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation