Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras alert but not recording and saving to library

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Belindaflores17
Follower
Follower

Hello,

Please help on how to fix my camera. I get alerts a of motion detected but there is no recording of it and it seems like my camera dont want to record. I have restart my base station/cameras and I so have removed all devices and reinstalled them and still no luck. Also a few weeks ago my free trial subscription expire and I had no plan in renewing it or subscripting. I notice ones the trial was over my cameras, all 4, alert me when it sense motion but when I check the library there is no recording. I am able see on my camera live footage and I try to manually record and then go to the library, there is nothing there. I keeping getting a message stating that if I want to see/watch motion video clips anytime then I need to get a subscription. If that the cases then I would rather return the cameras. Do I really need to get a subscription and have to pay to see video recording? Any suggestion on how to fix this problem is much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Belindaflores17 wrote:

Do I really need to get a subscription and have to pay to see video recording? Any suggestion on how to fix this problem is much appreciated!

Yes to view recordings on the cloud you need a sub since  your trial expired. It gives you 30  day cloud storage and smart. You can record locally though to your Hub via USB w/o a sub. 

https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Belindaflores17 wrote:

Do I really need to get a subscription and have to pay to see video recording? Any suggestion on how to fix this problem is much appreciated!

Yes to view recordings on the cloud you need a sub since  your trial expired. It gives you 30  day cloud storage and smart. You can record locally though to your Hub via USB w/o a sub. 

https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation