Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Sonson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a camera that is charged or attached to a power source but does not record and or it goes offline. What could be the problem?

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sonson wrote:

I have a camera that is charged or attached to a power source but does not record 

Can you confirm that this is a Pro 3?

Do you have a subscription?  If not, do you have direct access to local storage set up for the smarthub?

Sonson
Aspirant
Aspirant
It is a Arlo pro 3 camera. 
I do have a subscription. 
I can have local storage set up. 
But it does not record it just shows an image from about year and a half ago. Also when I click to watch it live it does not load. 
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sonson wrote:
Also when I click to watch it live it does not load. 

An important clue.  Have you done anything to try to fix this?

If not, then start by power-cycling the base and the camera.  Power cycle the camera by removing the battery, waiting 10 seconds or so, and then reinsert it.

Sonson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I have cycled the camera and restarted the home base. 
It also says that I need a subscription for the camera. And I have added it to the subscription part on my account. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This sounds like you have a legacy subscription. It may be useful to cancel that sub and purchase an appropriate new one which is for unlimited cameras.

Sonson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do not have a legacy account. I just purchased the plan one month ago. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the app to go to Settings, Support, choose your camera and scroll down to Contacts to talk to official support. It may be a faulty camera.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation