Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Tchrist107
Star
Star

One of my cameras stopped recording and live streaming.   I've unplugged it and reset it but still nothing.   It will connect to the hub, let me name it, and it bring up a still from days ago.  I can see the battery level change in the app but that's it.  Every time I try to connect it just times out.   Any Ideas.

44 REPLIES 44
Quangbang
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have this same issue.
Have you found a fix?
Quangbang
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have same proble.
With 1 out of my 3 camera
Quangbang
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried activating the siren.
After awhile it triggers the siren but only briefly. Also the white light comes on randomly. Looks like a major hardware issue. My other 2 cameras Purchased at the same time in the 3 camera bundle works fine.
The camera that is not working is the one that is most used.
It hasn't even been 2 years yet.
I purchased august 2020.
This is unacceptable if arlo just leave us high dry like this.
JShibley
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have you figured anything out?   I have the same issues. 

Tchrist107
Star
Star

I left the camera unplugged and without any power for 5 months.  I put the battery back in and after multiple attempts the hub finally detected it. I was able to rename it but that was it.  It brought up a stored image from 186 days ago.  I'm wondering where this image is coming from.  Is it stored in the hub?  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tchrist107 wrote:

I'm wondering where this image is coming from.  Is it stored in the hub?  

Not sure where it is saved, but there is a bug here that Arlo is looking at.

If you livestream now, is the image updated?

Tchrist107
Star
Star

The camera image has now updated (within an hour of connecting), but the camera won't live stream and is still shown as offline.

Micby
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have three cameras doing the same. $$$$$. Rebooted the base unit reset cameras no coming back from this? Should be recalled and replaced.

Tchrist107
Star
Star

The trouble camera has been set up for about 4 days now.   The spotlight on the camera has started to come on and off intermittently for no apparent reason and occasionally the blue LED will do a rapid flash. I also received an e-mail to tell me that the battery was low so there seem to be some connectivity to the hub.  The stored image shown in devices has changed a few times but still no live streaming. 

Tchrist107
Star
Star

More info:

Most of the time the camera shows as offline but occasionally, I'm able to access the settings. Still no live streaming. When I can get into setting this is some of what it shows:

The camera LED option is shown as off but when I open it the switch shows in the on position.   I'll flip the switch and the main screen will then show it as on again.  If I come back at a later time, it will show as off again.  

When I open Device Utilities, I get this error showing - "Camera positioning and Motion Detection Test disabled due to other activities happening from this camera currently"

It seems like this camera is trying to do something but stuck in an endless loop.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tchrist107 wrote:

It seems like this camera is trying to do something but stuck in an endless loop.

You mentioned unplugging it before.  Did you remove the battery for a bit and reinsert it (to reboot the camera).

Also, you said you reset it.  Did that include the full reset procedure as described here: 

Tchrist107
Star
Star

I've tried the reset numerous times and left the camera unplugged and without the battery for over a month.

Today the spot light has stopped going on and off and there has been numerous times when the blue LED goes into a rapid flash.  It does take a still image now and then but no live streaming.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tchrist107 wrote:

I've tried the reset numerous times and left the camera unplugged and without the battery for over a month.

Today the spot light has stopped going on and off and there has been numerous times when the blue LED goes into a rapid flash.  It does take a still image now and then but no live streaming.  

Is the camera still under warranty (1 year)?

Cnors
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same!!!
Stoney19
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. 

Have Pro 2's working fine and dont miss a beat.  Added 2 x Pro 3 floodlights and the app will not live view either of them.  Switched one to wifi and it works but is very slow to load / react. They work on the website too.  Just the app is the problem.

Please help!!

jimmch
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having same issue with both Arlo PRO3 cameras I have 3 cameras total the third one is Arlo Pro not issues at all did all the same as you reset factory re-sync moved Pro to were thee PRO 3 was no issues with the Arlo Pro.  Something must be wrong with either the Router not allow Pro3 to stream or The cameras have bug funny both PRO3 having issue at same time don't you think and no issues with the Arlo PRO one which is much older.  Arlo support just said's to do the obvious .   They really need to look into the PRO 3 issues and either fix them or issues us all new model to replace the PRO 3 .  If this is not fixed so will be going to NEST/Google cameras .  Never had issue before with Arlo loved them for years now Im sure I have convinced other people to buy them. If not resolved soon will no longer recommend them.  

Cnors
Aspirant
Aspirant

The best they told me was they could give me a 30% off coupon to purchase new cameras. Totally unacceptable!!! I will wait for the other 2 to go out and buy a new brand. I’m not going to be buying new cameras every 2 years because they just stop streaming. 

hkbugs
Aspirant
Aspirant

seems like hardward problem.. why they not fix it but keep asking to buy a new one.. 

i have the same issue.. 4 cams only 1 still work .. try all the stupid reset already.

MadHomer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone been able to get hold of Arlo beyond the frontline support?

Like many others on this thread.  I bought 3 Arlo Pro 3 cameras and a Pro 3 Floodlight camera.  It's almost like on cue, they start to fail on the 2 year mark.  None appear to be catastrophic failure, but the support team can do no more than repeat the FAQ and then the next step is to get you to buy another one with a 30% coupon.  Worse yet, Arlo doesn't even appear to understand how to get you to spend more money.  When I tried to buy an extra camera with the coupon, it no longer applies.  Why not extend the simple goodwill and help me spend more money with you, even when it is begrudgingly.

For an expensive camera, this is horrible representation of the product quality.

Does anyone at Arlo actually monitor and try to understand the problems and frustrations with their user base or this "community" is just about saving money and crowd-source your tech support?

Is someone at Arlo awake and listening?

Tchrist107
Star
Star

Camera 2 of 3 is now experiencing the same issue.   It was connected to the solar charger and working fine but after a couple of cloudy days I needed to connect it using the hardwire cable.  It charged fine and worked for about a day.  Now the same streaming issue.   Tried all the usual stuff as before.  

To recap, I can open it in settings and it shows the current battery charge level so there is some connectivity from the hub to the camera.  It still shows a residual image that's two days old.   No streaming and no stored images in the library.

And another note....My account, subscription, Arlo secure, and System tabs are all grayed out and I cannot access any of these.  

Discussion stats