Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Tchrist107
Star
Star

One of my cameras stopped recording and live streaming.   I've unplugged it and reset it but still nothing.   It will connect to the hub, let me name it, and it bring up a still from days ago.  I can see the battery level change in the app but that's it.  Every time I try to connect it just times out.   Any Ideas.

44 REPLIES 44
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried more than one location (perhaps swapping it with a camera that works)?

Tchrist107
Star
Star

I have tried it in different locations with the same result.   The current set up has been working for close to a year and there is another camera in the area that works fine.   The current stored image was taken after the factory reset so I know there is still some connectivity to the hub.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tchrist107,

When you say you've reset the camera, are you referring to the factory reset found here: How do I factory reset and re-sync my Arlo camera?

If you've factory reset and still you're experiencing the same behavior, this could point to a hardware issue.

JamesC

Copterkamera
Star
Star
Since several years back I have three Arlo Pro cameras with almost no problems. Today I bought a kit with two Arlo Pro 3 cameras and a SmartHub.

I installed the new SmartHub with not issues. I also installed the two new Pro 3 cameras with no problems. Both cameras and SmartHub have latent firmware. The problems started when trying to stream live clicking ”Play” button and no video shows up. I can set different settings on the camera and start the led light on the Pro 3 camera. But no video stream at all.

So I thought I test to test to install one of the old Arlo Pro cameras but same problem NO VIDEO STREAM.

And yes, I have done all the factory resets and the normal things to do when problems occurs. Now I am super frustrated and need a solution. As I see in different forums it seems like this is a common problem and I guess it is hardware problem on the SmartHub due to the fact that my old Pro cameras did not stream either? I can add also that I have tested to run the app both on a iPhone 11 and iPhone 13 Pro Max with the same problems.
Copterkamera
Star
Star
Since several years back I have three Arlo Pro cameras with almost no problems. Today I bought a kit with two Arlo Pro 3 cameras and a SmartHub.

I installed the new SmartHub with not issues. I also installed the two new Pro 3 cameras with no problems. Both cameras and SmartHub have latent firmware. The problems started when trying to stream live clicking ”Play” button and no video shows up. I can set different settings on the camera and start the led light on the Pro 3 camera. But no video stream at all.

So I thought I test to test to install one of the old Arlo Pro cameras but same problem NO VIDEO STREAM.

And yes, I have done all the factory resets and the normal things to do when problems occurs. Now I am super frustrated and need a solution. As I see in different forums it seems like this is a common problem and I guess it is hardware problem on the SmartHub due to the fact that my old Pro cameras did not stream either? I can add also that I have tested to run the app both on a iPhone 11 and iPhone 13 Pro Max with the same problems.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app? Have you tried the web client to see if it's different?

Copterkamera
Star
Star
Yes re-installed app, tested from bort pc, mac and different iPhone modell 11 and 13 Pro max.
Tchrist107
Star
Star

I did a factory re-set and left this camera sitting idle for a week with the battery out.   I re-installed it and it still won't stream.  It still brings up the residual image taken weeks ago.  I'm not sure where this image would be stored?  Everything else seems to be working. 

RetroSafe
Star
Star

Yeah I've been having issues with my Arlo pro 3 cameras not recording as well. I also have battery drain issues. I don't understand how a solar panel with direct sunlight has issues. At this point I need a whole new hub with 2 new cameras. The other 2 cameras out of the 4 pack I purchased are working fine with out any problems.

aloth600
Initiate
Initiate

Still no fix?   come on arlo

Tchrist107
Star
Star

Here's the current status:

•  2 cameras and hub working fine

I've factory re-set one camera numerous times with the same result, no streaming. I've also deleted the mobile app on my phone.  The hub will find the camera and it allows me to name it.  It shows up in the devices section but shows a still image from the past.   This image has changed and on at least one occasion the camera sent a video to the library.   I have the camera sitting on my desk and again occasionally it will light up as if it detected motion, but nothing is recorded.   

I'm viewing all from my desktop and have changed from Chrome to Microsoft edge.  No difference. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Does anything change if you swap the camera with one that does livestream?  That is, does the problem stay with the camera or the location?

Tchrist107
Star
Star

I have tried this camera at different locations with the same result. It now sits about 3 feet from the hub.  The stored image that shows up in the devices section has changed and occasionally the blue light on the camera will remain on or flash rapidly.  This doesn't appear to be triggered by movement.  If I disconnect the power cord and reconnect it, the blue light flashes rapidly for about 4 seconds.

Tchrist107
Star
Star

Some additional info.   The blue indicator light has been on constantly. The flood light came on for a few seconds went off and then a minute or two later the flood light came back on for a bit longer with no apparent motion to set it off.  I tried to set it off by motion but couldn't get it back on.  It's almost like this camera is being controlled somewhere else.   

Is there somewhere I can send this to get it fixed?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tchrist107 wrote:

Is there somewhere I can send this to get it fixed?

@JamesC suggested you might have a hardware problem last month.

Options are to 

1. exchange the camera with the seller (if you are still within the return window)
  2. contact Arlo support (using the options in the app) for a replacement (if the camera is still under warranty)

Exchanging is less hassle.

BTW, don't google Arlo support - if you do, you will likely end up at a scam support site.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062119/How-can-I-avoid-Arlo-support-scams

Duck0119
Tutor
Tutor

I am suffering the exact problem like you did (2 arlo pro 3 wire-free camera, 1 work perfectly while the other camera has the exact description like your)

I have done all things like you did and nothing changed

my cameras work perfectly until few days ago (I used these 2 cameras for more a year)

I just want a solution to deal with this 

RetroSafe
Star
Star
they are doing nothing. Only thing they are offering is a 30% off promo code to buy more cameras. So those other defective cameras are useless now.
MK106
Star
Star

I have been experiencing this issue with all my Arlo Pro cameras since 1/21.   I have done the usual "reset" steps (camera battery in and out, base station reboot, internet reboot, deleted app and reload, testing on web on different browsers). 

Left alone on the counter in front of the base station, on occasion one camera will come on for seconds (I can see this from the last image displayed), but are offline or "timed out" for 99.9% of the time since 1/21.  It varies which of all my cameras will connect, and which message is displayed (either "offline" or "the request timed out").  

Arlo Q's having no issues during the same time frames. No wifi issues. 

If I can't get mine resolved, I will end my subscription service and return all the (old!) cameras to Costco who fortunately will provide a  full refund.  I would rather simply fix them, though, but I need communication.  Was there a firmware updated that was pushed out that may have caused this? 

RetroSafe
Star
Star
Honestly if you’re still within the return window from purchasing from Costco I would return them back for a full refund. Cause right now there is no fix for cameras not working.

Honestly I think a firmware update might have killed the cameras.
MK106
Star
Star

this happened in January 2020 and it was not fixed till March 2020. I am hoping Arlo gets on board there is an issue, communicates well with us, and fixes it quickly this time around. 

Tchrist107
Star
Star

The puzzling thing is that after doing a factory re-set and renaming the camera it still connects to an old image.  Somewhere the image is stored in the camera.   

Tonight, I did another re-set but the system wouldn't discover the camera.  I gave up and logged out.  When I logged back in, it was there with the old image and camera name.

I'm thinking of canceling my subscription to see it that has any effect.

Jc1976
Initiate
Initiate
Exact same problem on 2 of my cameras
Also just over 1 year old
Arlo need to get there act together
I’ve had nothing but problems from day 1
benca81
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same problem. I have 2 pro 3's with hub and one essential. One pro 3 started doing this and Arlo says try all the stupid things and nothing works. 

benca81
Initiate
Initiate

same exact thing for me... 

Discussion stats