Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera notification changed to general and not specific camera Arlo Pro 3

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ThomasWatkins
Follower
Follower

There has been a change to the notification of motion to the user.  Before the notification used to specify which camera had the motion.  Now it just sends a notification of one of the cameras, but not specific to the particular camera.  This is less useful to me because I have two cameras, one for the driveway and one for the front door.  The driveway camera senses motion all the time from the wind moving the trees and cars passing by, where as the front door camera is my last line of defense.  When the front door camera senses motion, I really have to look into it because someone could be entering my house without consent.  Now I have to look at all my notifications because the new system doesn't tell me which camera it is.  Please change the system back to the way it used to be.  I think it would be helpful for everyone.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ThomasWatkins,

This issue has been escalated and is currently being investigated by the development team. I will post an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Three weeks on and still no progress:

Base Station Motion Detected notifications - Arlo Community

The lights bridges have also suddenly acquired the ability to detect motion.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation