Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
swak
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have an Arlo Pro 3 camera on the walkway up to the door and an Arlo wireless door bell. Our friend's son stayed at our house a couple days and it was obvious that many people coming and going were not captured on one or both cameras. If he triggered the cameras by walking in front of them, then someone could follow who appeared only at the end of the video or not at all. I have videos of someone coming who never appeared exiting and people exiting who never had an entry video. Yes, it's the only entrance and cameras would have captured other difficulty entry. How do I set the cameras to capture everyone, especially more than one person? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can increase the motion sensitivity in your modes and rules and also use a timed recording, up to 2 minutes, rather than record until motion stops. Make sure motion is mostly side-to-side and not directly at the camera. A screenshot of the camera view may be useful.

swak
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've increased the sensitivity, but if someone moves quickly it barely catches them at the end of the camera area. I'm going to try moving the area where the motion is captured next. How do I set to record up to 2 minutes if a person is detected? I don't want to record that long for all motion. The motion is mostly side-to-side, but a bit on an angle, otherwise it will not capture the person's face.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@swak wrote:

but if someone moves quickly it barely catches them at the end of the camera area. 

True. There's not much you can do about that.  Powering some cameras with AC power will give you the Arlo Foresight feature (which gives you a 3-second lookback).  Or you can set up a second camera and cross-trigger it.

@swak wrote:

How do I set to record up to 2 minutes if a person is detected?

That is also in the camera rule where you adjusted the motion sensitivity.  Edit the record step.

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation