Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera is very sensitive Pro 3

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Milliejt1
Follower
Follower

I have turned the sensitivity down below 50 on  my garage camera and I am still receiving alerts that motion is detected and there will not be a person or a car in sight. I took the camera down to charge it and now it is doing the same thing with my backyard camera. I turned the sensitivity down on that camera and it is still giving me the same alert every two minutes. I have moved the angle of the cameras and now I do not know what else to do. I also removed the app and added it back to my phone, but this did not fix the issue either. This all started after my trial period ended and I started paying the monthly fee.  

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you adjusting the sensitivity in your modes and rules? The motion test is just a test and does not save. ALso, are these motion activations or audio? Again the setting is in your modes and rules.

SimplyJC
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hmm, I had previously saved a sensitivity change in motion test to a strength of 72%. It’s still there. I went mode changes and I must have previously set it in modes to 65%. Hmm, I wonder which one was the effective one? For now, I set them both for 75. If my camera starts alerting more, then the motion test sensitivity was overridden by the mode setting. Very interesting! Can’t wait to see what happens.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The motion test isn't a setting - it's just a test to get you a number to put into your modes and rules. Since you may want different sensitivity settings for different times of the day (or whatever) you will always have to set them in those rules.

SimplyJC
Aspirant
Aspirant
jguerdat,
I appreciate your detailed explanation concerning the motion sensitivity setting in modes and rules vs. the sensitivity value in motion test. It’s what I look for, logical explanations into the finer workings in the system. I understand concepts better when the question of “why” or”how” is answered and you did just that. Thanks for taking the time to expand on the subject.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation