Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera connected but not showing video

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Arlosmith77
Aspirant
Aspirant

Pro 3 stopped sending video signal.  It is connected to base station but live video will not show up when you select it or try setting up active zone.  

7 REPLIES 7
Dannybear
Master
Master

As a workaround try turning the camera off and then on again from the camera settings to reset the video encoder.

If the camera is externally powered, turning off the Ac power and on again will do the same.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dannybear wrote:

As a workaround try turning the camera off and then on again from the camera settings to reset the video encoder.

If the camera is externally powered, turning off the Ac power and on again will do the same.

@Arlosmith77 : If battery powered, you can also try removing/reinserting the battery.

Arlosmith77
Aspirant
Aspirant

None of those worked.  The battery is also draining in the space of just a couple days.  It used to last 3 weeks.  I got it to link up but the activity zone live feed won’t come up to set that.  It then sends random alerts about activity but nothing shows up in the library when the alarm is active.  

Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. Did you ever get this figured out?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlosmith77,

You might try removing and resyncing the camera. Recharge fully and test again to see if you still experience the same issue.

JamesC

Arlosmith77
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried all that already. It allows me to add the camera and name it but when it gets to the live feed to identify the activity zone it never connects all the way. It shows as a camera but I can’t get the live feed to come up or do the zones. Very weird.

Optimus_Prime_D
Initiate
Initiate

I have the Same issue. Camera is "found" by the base hub but no video comes through no matter how many times you remove the battery and rerun the connection wizard. If I let the battery go flat, I get one initial image when it comes back to life, but its just frozen on that screen

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation