Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Birdnest, Arlo Pro 3

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Pyry
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have a camera (Arlo Pro 3) above a bird nest underneath my house. I have done everything to turn off the camera flashlight including turning off in Video Settings->Low light Settings->both the Spotlight and Night Vision.

When the bird enters the nest the flash still lightens up.

Where do I turn off the light??

Please advice,

Pyry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Pyry wrote:

Hi,

I have a camera (Arlo Pro 3) above a bird nest underneath my house. I have done everything to turn off the camera flashlight including turning off in Video Settings->Low light Settings->both the Spotlight and Night Vision.

Video Settings->Low Light settings is the right place.

You could also try turning off the camera.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Pyry wrote:

Hi,

Video Settings->Low Light settings is the right place.

You could also try turning off the camera.

Pyry
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you StephenB,

Case closed! Kudos!

I take the lighter start of the recording (too seconds, or so) is not by the flash but just overexposure.

While I am at it, what difference is there between the Spotlight and the Night Vision?

Best,

Pyry

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Pyry wrote:

While I am at it, what difference is there between the Spotlight and the Night Vision?

Nightvision is infrared (and appears black and white in the recordings and livestream).  It's automatically engaged when there isn't enough light to capture normal color video.  When it is engaged, there will be some dark red LEDs you'll see on the camera face.  Those are actually IR lights.

The spotlight will normally provide enough light to capture color video after dark.

Pyry
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank You Stephen!

I take it that the Night vision red lights do not disturb a nesting bird that does not look into the camera?

Best,

Pyry

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Pyry wrote:

I take it that the Night vision red lights do not disturb a nesting bird that does not look into the camera?

I don't think that birds can see the IR.  

Though there is a clicking sound when Nightvision engages, as it also requires a filter to be moved in front of the camera sensor.  They will hear that - not sure if it is enough to disturb them though.

Pyry
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear Stephen,

Thank you Stephen for your time, a good discussion and a fine learning experience!

Best,

Pyry

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation