Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
fenton11
Guide
Guide
After the most recent firmware update on 10/13/21 it seems the battery status icon on the iOS app is not working anymore. I have 4 arlo pro 3 cameras and each one is a connected to a solar panel. Before the firmware update at night the cameras would show the charge level of the battery however all 4 of my cameras are showing the red charging status icons and 100% charged. Is anyone else having this issue? Attached is a screenshot for reference.
0CD1041D-69DE-4211-BC80-E137B6463B35.png
Best answers
  • dcfox1
    Master
    Master

There was a change several weeks ago that when not charging at fully charged it does show red or when not charging with no sunlight as in your pic. I Know red is a bad color for 100% charged. There were several thread about this earlier as it was confusing. 

5 REPLIES 5
dcfox1
Master
Master

There was a change several weeks ago that when not charging at fully charged it does show red or when not charging with no sunlight as in your pic. I Know red is a bad color for 100% charged. There were several thread about this earlier as it was confusing. 

fenton11
Guide
Guide
I’m not so sure it’s working like that since the icons were still red when I woke up. This morning I unplugged all the solar panels, took out the batteries then put back everything and then the icon was green with 95-98% charge level on my cameras and the sun wasn’t even out yet. All night it was red at 100% which i doubt was accurate since it’s usually 95-98% when I wake up.
dcfox1
Master
Master

I have the same FW update and haven't noticed a difference yet so not sure if you have a different issue. 

Aspirant
Aspirant

I was happy to see I am not the only experiencing a charging problem after the last update.  After the firmware update (13-Oct-2021) my solar panel stopped charging my camera.  I thought there was a problem with the camera as it kept failing with the message that it was offline.  As I have not had any issues with it for the past 2 years I was stumped.  On the 18th I pulled the camera down, re-synced it and it came back on line.  I put an AC charger on it and it started charging and the icon in the app showed the green icon with the lightining bolt.  I removed the AC charger and reconnected the solar panel and got the red icon with the bolt.  Since it was getting dark I figured that was normal.  The next morning when the sun was out I checked and the green icon returned and the battery charged.  One day after that, and to today, all I get is the gray battery icon and a message saying cannot charge the battery and to connect a compatible charger.  I have no idea what the useful life of the solar panel is so I don't know if replacing it would help.  Does anyone have any ideas?

fenton11
Guide
Guide
Still doesn’t work properly. My battery icons show the red charging icon all day. However I just happen to restart the base today after the sun went down and the battery status were 94%, 95%, 81%, and 89%. What gives ? I live in Hawaii so we get plenty of sunshine. Hopefully the batteries charge tomorrow. I bought two of my solar panels a few months ago so I don’t think it’s an issue with the panels. I suspect it’s the firmware.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation