Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Backwards compatibility Question

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Gpf101
Initiate
Initiate

Apparently the VMB4000 base station will give 2k video but not the VMB4500? How is that I though they were the same and the 4500 is newer. 
5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gpf101,

While similar, these two base station models (VMB4000 and VMB4500) are not the same. The features specified in the article you've linked will be available depending on which base station or SmartHub you're using with Pro 3. If these change, the article will be updated to reflect the changes.

JamesC

Gpf101
Initiate
Initiate
I have both these and need to return one. So the 4000 is better if I want to add a pro 3?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Gpf101 wrote:
I have both these and need to return one. So the 4000 is better if I want to add a pro 3?

Unfortunately they don't have VMB4500 in the document library ( https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/docs.aspx ) so you can't see the datasheet for it.

But it looks like the VMB4000 would be the better option.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For a comparison of these two models, take a look here: What is the difference between the new Arlo Base Station with Siren (VMB4500) and the old Arlo Base ...

JamesC

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JamesC wrote:

For a comparison of these two models, take a look here: What is the difference between the new Arlo Base Station with Siren (VMB4500) and the old Arlo Base ...

JamesC

We now know that this bit is technically incorrect: The new Arlo Base Station with Siren (VMB4500) has a more modern and simpler design, with the same functionality as the previous Arlo Base Station with Siren (VMB4000). 

The functionality isn't identical if you want to use the base with a Pro 3.  @JamesC, Can you revise the KB article?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation