Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo unable to rename camera on installation of Pro3 - cannot continue

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BethHo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having trouble connecting the camera to my base station on setup. It recognises camera but keep getting “unable to rename the camera, please try again” and then I cannot continue with setup.

The model I purchase was VMC4040P. It isn’t even a choice in the dropdown above.

I have been on hold to telephone support for 41 mins without success to even get to speak to someone!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BethHo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Perhaps but I didn’t have a computer at home! Finally spoke to someone at Arlo and we got there. Ended up manually syncing the camera to the Hub (pressing the hub sync and then pressing the camera sync button which is located on the camera itself not on the outer casing). Once this was manually synced, it then allowed me to add and change name etc.

Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Can you try using the browser interface to add the camera?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
BethHo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Perhaps but I didn’t have a computer at home! Finally spoke to someone at Arlo and we got there. Ended up manually syncing the camera to the Hub (pressing the hub sync and then pressing the camera sync button which is located on the camera itself not on the outer casing). Once this was manually synced, it then allowed me to add and change name etc.

Thanks for your help!
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation