Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 wind triggers notifications over and over

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
XDani
Follower
Follower

I see that there are posts about this but the posts say solved and go to solution. When I go to solution it makes tons of different suggestions to try but no "solution".  I just bought four cameras and installed them. Things were great until I called today for general support issues and I was told to dump the app and reinstall it.  After that call I started receiving notifications of sound at all the cameras. over and over. by now hundreds of alerts.  I want to hear an alert but not for sound anymore.  So I went to each camera in the software and changed toggle to no microphone and no speaker yet the alerts have not ceased.  I don't want to mess with each camera, swap them, change batteries, run tests for a product that should be QA tested. I'm not being paid to do this testing. It should work out of the box. Suggestions on how I can protect my home with this system and not be alerted every 10 seconds to the wind without climbing up on my roof and the ladders in the dark to play with the cameras? 

8 REPLIES 8
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@XDani wrote:

So I went to each camera in the software and changed toggle to no microphone and no speaker yet the alerts have not ceased. 

That's not the place to change things if you don't want sound to trigger cameras to send you alerts.

You need to go to the rules for your camera and disabled any that have as a trigger "Audio is detected".

Wind, of course, isn't just a noise thing. It will also move stuff around. You may need to experiment with that too.

Unfortunately, these devices are a bit dim and have to be told what to do. They are very versatile and can respond to all manner of triggers and stuff. That is what modes, rules and schedules are for.  There really is no substitute for a bit of reading.

This is a good place to start:

What are modes and rules and how does Arlo use them?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Corey123019
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Pro 3 as well and I'm running into the same issue. I have deactivated the microphone (which I didn't want to do) and also edited it from the mode menu to not alert me when audio is detected. Needless to say I'm still getting about 25 useless sound notifications a day, it's frustrating!

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Corey123019 wrote:

I have deactivated the microphone (which I didn't want to do) and also edited it from the mode menu to not alert me when audio is detected.

Deactivating the microphone should not be related to sound triggers.

Have you checked your rule to see if anything strange is happening?

No schedule that is foiling your intentions?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Corey123019
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't have a schedule set and I have checked the rules with no luck. I'm currently still getting sound notifications epically when it's rainy/windy.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Corey123019 wrote:

I don't have a schedule set and I have checked the rules with no luck. I'm currently still getting sound notifications epically when it's rainy/windy.

FWIW, I was getting audio notifications on one of my Ultras for a while, even though it wasn't enabled in the rules.  I'm not sure what I did to actually resolve it.  I remember creating a custom mode, with audio notifications enabled - and setting the threshold to the least sensitive value (1).  Then I disabled the audio notification in that mode.  That might have resolved it.  Resetting the base station, and adding the camera back might also have worked.

Another option is to contact support - they might have some tricks to take care of it.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Corey123019
Aspirant
Aspirant

I actually did the same exact thing creating a custom mode, audio detection enabled set to 1 then disabled it within the mode with no luck. I'm going to try to reset the base station again and add the camera back again, last time I did it nothing changed. Thanks for the input I appreciate it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd try a new mode without having set the audio detection on at all.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

I'd try a new mode without having set the audio detection on at all.

Worth a try, but my recollection is that didn't work when I had the issue.  However that was a few firmware releases ago.

If playing with the modes doesn't work, then contact support.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation