Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 3 spins on connecting

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jcathe1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Only had camera for a little over a year. Amazon suport ended 3 months ago. Camera displays in the app image updated "1 day ago". When clicked to stream just sits spinning...connecting.
I have 3 cameras total and tested with one of the others. Swapped batteries swapped locations placed the troubled cam next to the base removed and relinked. Nothing seems to resolve the issue. The other 2 work fine and the other was test was swapped and renamed to cover the blindspot. Is the camera just defective? Or is there anything else i can try to get the camera streaming?
7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To be clear, do you have a subscription for all cameras and all cameras are enabled in Settings, Subscription, Manage Cameras?

Jcathe1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Negative no sub for any all free. And camera enabled. Was working until recently past week or 2 ago.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you indicate the Pro 3 you MUST have a sub for cloud recordings. I don't know that a lack of one would cause a spinning "wait" indication, however.

Jcathe1
Aspirant
Aspirant
No no cloud, just trying to stream live video. period. At all. Unless somthing changed was able to live stream from the camera not long ago. Could also store locally to a USB stick for that matter without a subscription.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try reconnecting the camera via the web browser, unless you have already?

Does this occur over wifi and mobile data? Does it occur on mobile and web browser? Have you tried removing and re-installing the Arlo app?

Tonyxu
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have same issue just happened recently. 1 cam is fine. Another 2 keep spinning connecting but unsuccessfully at end. Please help
Jcathe1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes wifi, moble, app, browser desktop. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. What's weird is the image from the last time it was online is cached some place on the arlo server since that is the last viewed image and date. Seems like I remeber seeing this issue some time last year when their server went down and it just randomly came back eventually. And here it happens again.
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation