Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Nja494
Guide
Guide

1 have the new pro 3 cameras (4 of them) and 2 security lights.often times the cameras detect motion but I get no recorded footage in the library.  In the app I see the “just now” with a snap shot of the camera view but then there is no video footage recorded.  I also have rules set four my lights.  For example if light detects motion then record video on front door camera.  When the light is activated by motion the camera records but the footage is not viewable in the library.  It is viewable from the local USB back up though.  So the only way to view the footage caught when my lights activate are to pull the USB device from the hub and view on my computer.  Kinda defeats the purpose if you can’t view the footage when you are away from the house.  Any help would be appreciated.

68 REPLIES 68
Mike_Bellucci
Star
Star

I have to agree with your statement about Arlo support. 

In addition to having an open support ticket, I am the person that took the time to figure out a semi functional work around for this situation and I still have not received a reply from Arlo support for my open ticket from two weeks ago nor a message from this forum's moderator.  

It would be nice to see an official acknowledgement of the problem with a time frame for resolution.

Thanks Mike B

haloaudio
Tutor
Tutor

I have the Pro base station VMB4000r3 and just got back from Best Buy and going off your site and a salesman at the store they all said pro 3 should work. Well it doesn't detect motion and record to the library. Only does manual records. It came with the 3 month trial and this is only my 5th camera. I see alot of members here with this issue. Is there a bug and new firmware update as many have said? Or do I need to call in at ticket and escalate to the proper teams?

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@haloaudio wrote:

...just got back from Best Buy and going off your site and a salesman at the store they all said pro 3 should work.

What do you mean by "work"?

There are a few official KnowledgeBase articles. For example.

What is the difference between each Arlo SmartHub and base station?

As that piece shows, there is a big difference between cameras connecting to a hub and getting pictures and delivering all of the features that come with the new technology.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
haloaudio
Tutor
Tutor

Well obviously the clips when motion is detected on 4000 base station the pro 3 cam will not save the recordings to the cloud/library. That is obviously an issue none of the documentation spells out correctly. 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@haloaudio wrote:

Well obviously the clips when motion is detected on 4000 base station the pro 3 cam will not save the recordings to the cloud/library.

It is possible to have two hubs/base stations connected to one account.

Been there, done that.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Rudy_rosas
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same issues. Support says they are aware. See if it gets fixed. $500 for camera system needs to be working right. I’ll give it a few days then I’m returning it!
jomow
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the exact same issue and symptoms

I had 5 Arlo pro 2, just added the Pro 3 got eh 3 month Free trial.

Recording locally to USB

Manual Recording shows in library.

Please reply to this reply if you get a solution from Arlo.

I will raise a support call as well

jomow
Tutor
Tutor

EVERYONE, RAISE A SUPPORT INCIDENT ON THIS!!

https://www.arlo.com/ContactUs/SupportRequest.aspx

haloaudio
Tutor
Tutor

There are several cases open up to Arlo. Their engineering team is aware they say and working on a firmware update. The only way to record right now on the pro 3 cams is go to the cameras device setting then go to video settings and activate Auto Zoom & Tracking so it can record to the library as 1080P video. That is all they can tell us for now. They are still working on it.

J007
Guide
Guide
I’m have the exact same issue Pro3 couldn’t able to record video on library after updated the latest firmware in Dec for 4500r3 Base

I would like to ask is it after our 3 months trial version expired we also no longer able to record video on library unless we pay monthly fee ? What happened if I don’t pay after trial over ? Thx for help
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@J007 wrote:
I’m have the exact same issue Pro3 couldn’t able to record video on library after updated the latest firmware in Dec for 4500r3 Base

I would like to ask is it after our 3 months trial version expired we also no longer able to record video on library unless we pay monthly fee ? What happened if I don’t pay after trial over ? Thx for help

https://kb.arlo.com/000062312/What-options-will-I-have-when-the-Arlo-Smart-3-month-trial-plan-ends

But getting direct access to local storage would require a 4540 or 5000 base.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue resulted from a change that was made with Arlo Smart services impacting vmb4000 and vmb4500 base stations. The development team is working to release a fix for this very soon, we hope to have it available by January 2nd.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience while we work to release this fix.

JamesC

ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

So today my VMB4000r3 stopped recognizing my usb device. I was hoping it was due to a firmware push. I used the web app to restart it but it never came back online. I had to unplug the power and plug it back in to get the base station to reboot and come back online. USB storage is back but I still have Firmware 1.14.1.2_2916_1fdeefd. I hope that Arlo posts to these discussions when the firmware is pushed so everyone knows. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new firmware version was released for vmb4000 and vmb4500 base stations that resolves this issue. Please check your base station firmware version to be sure you received the automatic update. For more information on this release, take a look here:

Arlo Base Station VMB4000 - 1.15.0.1_3162_d878851 - 2nd January 2020

Arlo Base Station VMB4500 - 1.15.0.1_3092_d878851 - 2nd January 2020

JamesC

eelpout
Tutor
Tutor

I can confirm that this fixed the issue for me.

Thanks to your engineers for working through the holidays to resolve this. 🙂

eelpout
Tutor
Tutor

oddly though now, after this update, the Pro 3 camera no longer shows up on my Google Home cameras list. 😕

phildoc
Star
Star
I looked at mine and from what I can tell I have the new firmware but it doesn’t appear to be working
phildoc
Star
Star
Never mind I got it to work. Thanks
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@phildoc wrote:
Never mind I got it to work. Thanks

Any tips for fellow sufferers?

Just another user
Discussion stats