Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 3 intermittently not recording

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Hartkem
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 4 cameras installed for about a month now. Batteries currently 85%. We turn the system on at night only and have the siren and lights set to come on. We get a motion alert but no video in the library intermittently. I tested the system the next morning and it goes off when I walk by it and does record to the library so I know it works.
5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Hartkem wrote:
 We turn the system on at night only and have the siren and lights set to come on. .

It sounds like you have a custom mode set up (That includes the siren).

Double-check that the rules in the mode include recording.  https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

Hartkem
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve checked the mode settings and have it set to record video and send push notifications when motion is detected. It works when I walk by them just intermittently when something triggers the camera it doesn’t send the recording to the library. The uploading icon below the picture doesn’t turn amber either when this happens so I know it’s not a matter of waiting for the system to upload the video to the cloud.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Hartkem wrote:
 It works when I walk by them just intermittently when something triggers the camera it doesn’t send the recording to the library. 

You might need to adjust the motion sensitivity.

Are you using activity zones?

Hartkem
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am using activity zones and have adjusted sensitivity up and down.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Hartkem wrote:
I am using activity zones 

That might account for some of the symptoms you are seeing.  The activity zones are processed in the cloud, so there will be motion detected in the camera but no recording if the system thinks there is no motion inside the zones.  Similarly, notifications are suppressed if there is no motion inside the zones.

You might try enlarging the zones a bit, and see if that works better for you.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation