Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 3- detecting as package instead of person

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Soniapad
Aspirant
Aspirant
For the past 3 days my library alerts is showing package instead of person. It’s not a package when these alerts are recorded. They are actually people!
I contacted arlo, they told me I had to remove vehicle, animal and all other motion notifications for people to be detected. (HOW IS THAT?) I explained again, people are being detected but it is being noted as animal. They couldn’t help me solve this and said they will e-mail me. I knew that was going to be the last of that
FB6C62FC-0AFB-45A0-B88C-6F8BDFE24E99.png
11 REPLIES 11
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Soniapad,

Is this intermittent or is it labeling every detection incorrectly? Is the issue still occurring today?

JamesC

Soniapad
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s only happening with people.
It’s detects motion but it’s showing as package instead of person.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Soniapad,

Is there a package anywhere in the image? Or an object that could be mistaken for a package?

JamesC

Soniapad
Aspirant
Aspirant
None. No packages.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Soniapad,

Could you provide an example image of an alert that shows as a package when it should be a person?

JamesC

Soniapad
Aspirant
Aspirant
People are walking in and out. This issue started 4 days ago.

I am not able to upload a pic. This website isn’t allowing me
Soniapad
Aspirant
Aspirant
Photo
dcfox1
Master
Master

@JamesC In the screenshot in @Soniapad  first post shows items on the porch that the AI may be confusing it with.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Soniapad wrote:

I am not able to upload a pic. This website isn’t allowing me

You should be able attach it as a file (using the paper clip under the text box).

Soniapad
Aspirant
Aspirant
I moved the box and same issue
0AA94851-B60F-4D4B-89B8-60AA5C20CC7D.png
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for pointing out the image in the first post dcfox1, I missed it.

Soniapad,

It looks like you've got several shapes within the cameras field of view that could be perceived as a package by the cloud. What seems to be happening is the camera is triggered by a person, and then a shape in the image is analyzed and the cloud thinks there is a package. I'll escalate this topic to the dev team internally and see if they can identify the cause, but it's possible the pattern on the ground could be causing the issue.

As a test, consider temporarily relocating the camera to a location where none of your front door is visible and test to see if you still get the same results.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation