Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mazin968
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there,

I'm using Arlo pro 2 for over a year now with VMB4000 and recently got one additional Base Station VMB4500 with Arlo pro 3 to cover the back yard. 

Now I'm having an issue that the pro 3 is not able to record locally and even i tried to purchase one of the available plans but it seems my country is not yet supported. 

any solution here? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

Do you have the 4500 base with the Pro3 or the 4540 smart hub that comes with them in a kit.  With the 4500 you need to eject the USB to view in a computer. With the 4540 you can use the app. Either way you need a 16GB or greater USB stick or drive to work. Not sure if you read this link in FAQ here. 

What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it? (arlo.com)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dcfox1
Master
Master

Do you have the 4500 base with the Pro3 or the 4540 smart hub that comes with them in a kit.  With the 4500 you need to eject the USB to view in a computer. With the 4540 you can use the app. Either way you need a 16GB or greater USB stick or drive to work. Not sure if you read this link in FAQ here. 

What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it? (arlo.com)

Mazin968
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the 4500r2 .. this is the details i got in the device info from Arlo app.

In this case i have to purchase another base station 😞 

But does the 4540 support Pro 2 ?

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Mazin968 wrote:

I have the 4500r2 .. this is the details i got in the device info from Arlo app.

In this case i have to purchase another base station 😞 

But does the 4540 support Pro 2 ?

Yes it does. 

What is the difference between each Arlo SmartHub and base station?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation