Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Paul01
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi I bought the pro 3 a few weeks back
And have adjusted the active zone and sensitivity and other settings and my internet works well i have set up the cameras and can see my whole driveway when viewing it live however it doesn’t detect anything or anyone untill they are halfway down the drive way (is when it starts to record ) I would like it to detect and record from as soon as someone entrees the drive way i have adjusted all required setting …unless I’m missing something ?

What is the range on it ?

Also any other help to fix the issue would be greatly appreciated

Thanks all
3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Most of the Arlo cameras that use PIR to detect motion MAX out at the 25 ft range.....

Only the few cameras that use pixel detection ( Q series, Indoor Essential, Baby ) have a much greater range but are not slated for outdoor use

BUT, the Q and Essential Indoor will work thru glass windows ( PIR detectors do not ) and have a much better range.

My Q that looks thru double pane andersen window detects out to the street which is over 75 ft. ( but can not use night vision as it reflects back off glass )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Paul01
Aspirant
Aspirant

25 ft Recording only ? 🧐 I need around 15 meters …..what a massive waste of money these are then….can I request a refund ….🧐

dcfox1
Master
Master

You can if you are still in the return policy of where you bought it. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation