Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 3 battery life issue

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Shenouda1986
Follower
Follower
Hi, I bought Arlo pro 3 camera system, and I just installed and expect to have all facts match what you provide. Unfortunately I’m very disappointed after see the camera battery’s life stay only 2 days instead of staying from 4:6 months. I called the tech support and he guides me to lower all setup as low as possible to save battery life and stay longer than that ( low motion, activity zone, notification for people only etc) I need solution to have my safety otherwise no reason to pay $500 camera system.
Advise plz
1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Shenouda1986 wrote:
 Unfortunately I’m very disappointed after see the camera battery’s life stay only 2 days instead of staying from 4:6 months. I called the tech support and he guides me to lower all setup as low as possible to save battery life and stay longer than that ( low motion, activity zone, notification for people only etc)

Notification for people only and setting up activity zones will not improve battery life - if tech support told you that, then the support agent was mistaken.

Ultimately you need to reduce the amount of video that is streaming from the camera each day.  The most effective way to do control that is to aim the cameras so that you don't have so much activity in the field of view.  Reducing motion sensitivity can also help - though you do need to be careful not to reduce it so much that you lose detections you care about.

There is some info on camera placement here: https://kb.arlo.com/37/How-do-I-position-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera

FWIW, I don't get 6 months from my cameras; I generally do get 2 to 3 months. 

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation