Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bearsethi96
Follower
Follower

I’m looking at getting a wireless camera set up, for timing reasons I need to get it off the shelf which is limiting here as the only ones I’ve seen are the Arlo pro 2 and ultra, shops website also lists the pro3 as available but can’t remember seeing it.

Another store across town also has the eufycam and the eufycam 2c sets. Taking price out of the equation, what are the pros and cons of each? I see a lot of negative comments on the Arlo stuff, but also a fair bit of people without issue.

Each one seems to have different features so what are the ones you’d deem essential and what are just nice to haves/unneeded.

Key Things form me are ease of setup and install, reliability of it being online to record, a longer than 15 second record time. Ideally being able to ignore motion in certain areas, and being able to tell the difference between people/ animals/cars etc and only alerting me/recording what I want to keep an eye out for. They’ll be mounted outside so detecting motion by heat as opposed to pixel changes would be beneficial.

Cheers

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bearsethi96,

Each Arlo camera can be configured to record for a fixed length of time (up to 300 seconds) or until motion stops. With Arlo cameras, you will have access to activity zones and smart alerts by subscribing to an Arlo Smart plan. These features would be available to all of the cameras you are considering.

For more information on Arlo Smart, take a look here: What is Arlo Smart and how can I benefit from it?

For comparisons of each of the devices you're considering, take a look at the Arlo website here: View all cameras & compare

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation