Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo not recording or no alerts are push when it does record

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rara2608
Guide
Guide

Well my Arlo once again isn’t working properly! Not picking up any activity, and if it does, no alerts been pushed and recordings made only sometimes. Have mode set to people and vehicle, picking up everything as motion (if it does record). What the heck is going on. I can only assume it’s **bleep** itself after the last update, been playing up for over a week.
Yes, I have spent hours trouble shooting, resetting everything etc etc but it’s all hopeless and I’m about to buy something else, would never recommend Arlo to anybody, I’m fed up with constantly having to reset everything because **bleep** stops working properly. Any one else experiencing this? Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have a subscription? Nothing will be recorded to the cloud without one. You can record locally without a sub. Also, have you checked your active mode for proper settings? Are you using the Armed mode or a custom one? Since Smart is part of the subscription, you'll get Motion notices without that sub. Use of local recordings can help in determining what's happening by using both cloud and local recordings to compare (local recordings have everything while Smart cloud recordings get discarded, depending on how it determines what caused the motion).

Rara2608
Guide
Guide

Hi 😃
Yes, I have a subscription.
Everything has worked in the past at one time or another. I have always used the armed mode, but should I try setting it up through the custom setting? I shouldn’t really have to as it was working ok before, but I just want the thing to go properly!
Thanks for replying

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While the Armed mode should always work (that's what it's there for) trying a custom mode would be a good next step.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation