Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra or Pro 3

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Runk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Trying to set up a wireless system and want to know if the Arlo Ultra and/or Pro 3 have the capability, or have a charging cube similar to what is used in a cell phone, that can be plugged into a 115 V outlet to maintain battery power during extended periods of a cottage being closed down for the winter. This would be an 'inside" the cottage 2 camera installation. May add one (1) additional camera outside with a solar cell to maintain battery power, although we are in the northern portion of MI and may have difficulty with snow on the cell.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes they do...

https://kb.arlo.com/000062136/What-is-the-magnetic-charger-that-came-with-my-Arlo-Ultra-or-Pro-3-cam...

As to the solar outside in winter there, I would say no...the battery will not charge if below 32 f ( as it can damage the battery pack )... you may want to consider just adding additional cameras inside

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Runk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hmm! Likely looking at the Arlo Pro 3. However, in response to your last, when we shut the cottage down for the winter months we do so "totally", so the I/S temperature will lag, but follow the O/S temperatures. Based upon this, do you feel the batteries would be in jeopardy, even if connected for continuous charging via the O/S Magnetic Charging Cable (VMA5601C-100NAS)? You have me concerned about the use of ANY of the available battery powered wireless camera security systems, I/S or O/S, if long term cold, below 32 F, will be injurious to the system's reliability. What would you recommend?

DR

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If the camera gets below 32f then the camera will not charge the battery pack...

it will say it’s to cold to charge. If the temp goes up above, it will allow charging automatically. ( don’t know the temps there )

The only option I can think of ( if indoors will stay below freezing) is to leave the battery out and just run on ac power... tho this can lead to the camera going offline when ac fails if it happens often in winter

Or there are the indoor only Q cameras which run on ac only and can detect motion thru glass windows ( no night vision )

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation