Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't add 4th used camera to 3 cameras on Smart trials

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jet987
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have three Arlo Pro 3 cameras that are currently on free 3-month Arlo Smart trials till December and January. I just bought a used Arlo Pro 3 to camera as my 4th camera and while I can add it to the app, I can't record video like the other 3 cameras have been doing, when I try to select "record video" in the Rule Summary it's grayed out and won't select.  The app's message says "Upgrade your cloud storage and enable video recording and snapshot."  Since my other 3 cameras are on Arlo Smart trials, is it not possible to add my 4th camera to the trial periods of the others?  I thought the limit was 5 cameras total?

3 REPLIES 3
dcfox1
Master
Master

When you bought the fourth as used the seller probably used up the 3 month trial on his account so you will need a subscription for that. You can select a single cam sub on that till your trial runs out on the 3 cams and then get a 5 cam subscription that would be cheaper then individual cam plan. 

jet987
Aspirant
Aspirant

dcfox1, makes sense, thanks!  That's what I'll do.

dcfox1
Master
Master

Just to add make sure you do the trial cams before your your subscription ends or you will lose the cloud recordings when trial runs out on trial cams. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation