Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Smart plan, Add new Essentials Camera as 5th camera, not switch to Arlo Secure plan

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Arloposten
Aspirant
Aspirant

First of all, I want to keep my Arlo Smart plan. I know that Arlo Secure allows unlimited cameras, but since these cameras all have to be placed "at a single residential location" it does not help me out.

Is it possible to add one Arlo Essentials camera to my Arlo Smart plan. I have 4 cameras today, and I pay for up to 5 cameras. The fifth camera shall be connected via direct wi-fi and NOT to my Smart Hub. It shall be added to my Arlo Smart plan of course (the 5th of maximum 5 cameras). The fith camera shall connect directly to a wifi (2.4 gh) at a DIFFERENT location (my office).

In my world, this should be both easy and possible. Before I buy the camera I would like to have it confirmed though. I have read 100s of articles but cannot find the answer. When there is official answers from Arlo to smiliar questions they always write "Switch to Arlo Sercure, and you can add unlimited cameras"... that may be so, but then all cameras will be forerver locked to at "single residential location", which they never remembers to tell by the way.

So in brief;

4 Arlo Pro 3 cameras today, connected to Arlo Smart Hub 4540, at my home.

1 new Arlo Essentials, to be connected via direct wifi from ANOTHER location (another wifi than I use at home)

All 5 cameras then in my Arlo Smart Plan (5 out of 5 cameras).

If someone has tried the above, please share your experience!

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arloposten wrote:

Is it possible to add one Arlo Essentials camera to my Arlo Smart plan.

Yes, that will work.

@Arloposten wrote:

but then all cameras will be forerver locked to at "single residential location", which they never remembers to tell by the way.

I suspect the issue for Arlo is that they really don't want people sharing a single account.  I doubt they are concerned about one person with cameras in multiple places.

FWIW, they are not doing anything technically to "lock" the cameras to a location.  Though I agree it is in the terms of service.

Arloposten
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, but will it work as I described it in my post? From another location, another wi-fi than the wifi my basestation at home connects to. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation