Live Streaming Stops/Grays Out After ~10 mins on PC's Only

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
RJC11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bought new and only have one of the three cameras installed (indoors), after ~10 mins the live streaming grays out and the three white moving sequential dots appear in the center of the screen just like when initializing after hitting play but they don't go away and the screen stays grayed/dimmed (I can still see live images and the live red light still stays on). I've tried all the trouble shooting and now have a case open with Arlo escalated to advanced support.  The camera works great in the App on our iPhones, but on the PC's it does as mentioned above every time, very frustrating.   Anyone have this experience and why the heck doesn't Arlo have an app for PC's???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud update was released that should resolve this issue. Please test again and let us know if you experience the same behavior.

JamesC

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@RJC11 wrote:

Bought new and only have one of the three cameras installed (indoors), after ~10 mins the live streaming grays out and the three white moving sequential dots appear in the center of the screen just like when initializing after hitting play but they don't go away and the screen stays grayed/dimmed (I can still see live images and the live red light still stays on).

Which browser? Tried others?

You do get kicked out after "inactivity" at your end.

Here, at least, live streaming has never been reliable.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
RJC11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes tried Edge, Chrome and Safari

There was activity and it grays out after only 10 mins no matter UNLESS using the app on our iphones

Everything else streams perfectly here

RJC11
Aspirant
Aspirant

UPDATE:

Was promised a follow-up call for today at 5pm EST by tech support, never received it. 👎

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated this topic to the development team for further investigation. I will provide an update once we have more information to share.

JamesC

RJC11
Aspirant
Aspirant

James,

Appreciate this, I've already send in pics and a video of the issue, please let me know if you need anything from me. If they can remote access my PC they can watch when it happens live.

Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RJC11,

Thanks for your willingness to help. We've been able to reproduce the issue, but if we need any additional information, i'll be sure to reach out.

JamesC

RJC11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Glad to here you guys were able to replicate, hope the fix is coming soon, thanks again. 

RJC11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James, any updates?

Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RJC11,

Not yet. I will let you know as soon as I get more information.

JamesC

RJC11
Aspirant
Aspirant
RJC11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

We really  need a resolution as otherwise this system is essentially useless, as who has time to keep activating the camera every 10 mins?  In addition, to reaching out here, we have contacted customer service and explained the issue and they keep promising to call back, but never do (tried 5 times to coordinate this with them). 

Since you guys were able to replicate the issue I would assume a s/w fix shouldn't be that difficult.  

Truly appreciate your continued help, but  please reach out to the developers for an update or help coordinate an exchange for a model that actually works as advertised. 

Thank you!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix is currently being tested. I don't have a definitive timeframe for availability, but we don't expect the wait to be much longer.

JamesC

RJC11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you James, your support is excellent, you should head up customer service too! 

DistopianHell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm experiencing this same issue. I'd like to keep my home Arlo's streaming from the web all day while I'm at work (via Chrome Browser) but the stream keeps stopping after ~10 minutes or so and needs to be restarted constantly throughout the day -- which gets super annoying! Thanks for any fixes the Arlo team can provide us!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud update was released that should resolve this issue. Please test again and let us know if you experience the same behavior.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation