Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mj_newbie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I got a set of Arlo 3 camera (3 cameras with one base station). I don't plan to install them outdoor until winter is over. For now I wanted to try them out to see if they are working or defective, or if this brand/model suits my needs.

(#1) Is there a way for me to try out the device without activating the 3-month trial? I want to test the feature of the camera including viewing videos on my phone.

(#2) If the 3 month trial NEEDS to be activated, I can setup an account using one email. When I'm ready to install them outdoor after winter (after more than 3 months) I will setup another account to start my real trial period.

Is there a way to do (#1)? If not, is there a way to do (#2) ?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mj_newbie,

Your free trial starts upon initial installation automatically. Once activated, there is no way to pause or restart the trial. Once it has been initiated and consumed, it will no longer be available on the existing or a new account.

JamesC

mj_newbie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.

Is there a way to just try the cameras and the baes station without connecting it to an Arlo account? I want to make sure the device is working before the store's return period expires.

dcfox1
Master
Master

You must set both up with an account. Either on the app or web page. Just make sure you remove them from your account if you do return. Since the trial will activate you could use them inside or temp set up outside till spring since by then the return window may have passed. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation