Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Some customers in Australia and New Zealand regions may be experiencing problems with live streaming and motion recordings not saved to library. We are working to resolve this issue, please see status.arlo.com for the latest information.

Arlo Pro3 recording

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Singidi
Follower
Follower

It seems Arlo stopped 7 day free recording charging $10+ taxes every month for recording if not you can only live which waste of investments. I would rather have my own cloud where I can store data. I feel like it is waste of investment on my 5 cameras. 

2 REPLIES 2
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Singidi wrote:

It seems Arlo stopped 7 day free recording charging $10+ taxes every month for recording if not you can only live which waste of investments. I would rather have my own cloud where I can store data. I feel like it is waste of investment on my 5 cameras. 

All newer cameras released including the original Ultra in 2018 require a subscription. The Pro2 and older still has free 7 day cloud storage. So this isn't new. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, if you have a certain bases or a SmartHub you can record locally without a subscription. I'd use a hub since the app allows you to access the videos without pulling the drive for viewing on a computer. It's not as easy as with cloud recording but it does work.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation