Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro3 Subscription

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
TMN1964
Aspirant
Aspirant

I already pay for a yearly subscription on my existing three cameras. I recently bought a 4th camera, Arlo Pro3, and apparently there's an additional subscription fee I now have to pay. Why ?

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TMN1964 wrote:

I already pay for a yearly subscription on my existing three cameras. 

Premier?  

Did you purchase three single camera subscriptions, or a 5-camera subscription?

TMN1964
Aspirant
Aspirant
No. I purchased two cameras in early 2019 and a third a few months later.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The newer cameras Pro 3, Pro 4, Ultra, Ultra 2, Essential cams etc require an Arlo Secure subscription. Your legacy cameras will qualify for the basic subscription plan which you can use with legacy devices only: Arlo Wire-Free, Pro, Pro 2 etc.

butterflybell
Aspirant
Aspirant

My situation is the same,  since I already paid my $99 (Nov2021) for the year & just added a new camera, after my 3 month trial is over with my newest camera, can switch all of my cameras to the monthly fee?  I take it there is no longer a yearly fee, correct?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@butterflybell wrote:

My situation is the same,  since I already paid my $99 (Nov2021) for the year & just added a new camera, after my 3 month trial is over with my newest camera, can switch all of my cameras to the monthly fee?  

Did you purchase Arlo Secure?  Or renew Arlo Premier or Elite?

butterflybell
Aspirant
Aspirant

renewed arlo premier, I really didn't know anything about the new plans until purchasing a new camera last month, and now that new camera is on a 3 month trial.  Therefore I started looking into why it wasn't just added to my current plan at the $99 yearly.  I don't mind monthly for all of my cameras, I just don't want to pay the $99 plus $9.99 a month. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@butterflybell wrote:

renewed arlo premier, I really didn't know anything about the new plans until purchasing a new camera last month, and now that new camera is on a 3 month trial.  Therefore I started looking into why it wasn't just added to my current plan at the $99 yearly.  I don't mind monthly for all of my cameras, I just don't want to pay the $99 plus $9.99 a month. 

New cameras generally are opted into the trial, even if you already have Arlo Secure or Secure Plus.

I'd wait until the trial ends, and then see if you can move the new camera into the Premier subscription with "manage cameras".   Not sure if @ShayneS's answer on that was correct - he seemed to be focussed more on what cameras had cloud storage w/o a paid subscription.

If you actually do need Arlo Secure, the timing might matter here - not sure if you would get a refund if you cancel Premier.  Hopefully @ShayneS or @JamesC can clarify that.  If there is no refund, you could get a single-camera Secure subscription for the new camera until next November.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @butterflybell

The trial is just standard when onboarding. After the trial expires, you will have the option to purchase an Arlo Secure plan or you can move the camera to your current Premiere plan if  it's not already automatically added. Be aware though, if you make any future changes to your Premiere plan, like change to a Secure plan, you will not be able to return to the Legacy plans. Hopefully that helps. 

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation