Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 not recording in 2K

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rwxrwx
Apprentice
Apprentice
I recently replaced an older cam with a newer one; the Pro 3. I have 4 other Pro 3s on my hub. The new Pro 3 cam is recording in 2K (cloud) but the other 4 that I currently own are not. I didn’t realize this until I started seeing the 2K logo on the recordings from the new cam. So all this time my other 4 cams have only been recording at 1080P. How do I get the 4 cams to record in 2K like my new cam is?
4 REPLIES 4
Dannybear
Master
Master
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dannybear wrote:
This might help.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062240/How-does-my-Arlo-Pro-3-or-Pro-4-camera-use-2K

@rwxrwx:  Note the bit that says Auto Zoom and Tracking will only be shown in 1080p.  So check that setting on your other cameras.

rwxrwx
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you.

I've checked every box on the recommendations for recording in 2K but am still not having any luck.  I don't have any cameras zoomed in.  I don't have Auto Zoom and Tracking toggled on.  My current camera settings match verbatim what the new camera settings are set for.  The only difference being the new camera is set for a 3-month trial which really doesn't make a difference because I've already got a Arlo Smart Premier subscription.

I read on another thread that there are 2 versions of the Premier subscription?  If it's the legacy version then maybe that's why the cams I have set up now don't upload in 2K.  How would I know what version of Premier I am using would be the question?

rwxrwx
Apprentice
Apprentice

So, I found the problem

It does appear that I had the "old" subscription.  The Premier subscription.  Now I have the "new" subscription called Secure that now uploads in 2K.  That's frustrating because the Premier subscription had included 2K when I initially signed up for it.  Then Arlo removes that feature entirely from that subscription?  Why would they do something like that?  I don't recall ever receiving an email from Arlo reflecting this change. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation