Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 still detects cats and Roomba vacuum cleaner

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
baptistevod
Aspirant
Aspirant

I hope you can help me. 

I've installed 5 Arlo Pro 3 in- and outside my house about 3 weeks ago and am experiencing some issues with smart detection. (still in trial mode of 3 months)

Front door (video mode FOV 110°)

In order to avoid any detection and recording of my neighbours cats and moving plants/trees, I've only activated "People/person" detection in the smart notifications. Nevertheless, my camera still detects the animals and record when passing. To avoid this, I've lowered the camera sensitivity from 80% to 60% and now even to 40%, which probably could cause an issue that the camera won't detect a human when arriving. 

Question: how can I solve this?

Living room and upstairs (video mode FOV 110°)

I have 2 Roomba vacuum cleaners/robots cleaning the 2 rooms every morning around 10 o'clock. In both rooms the camera detects the Roomba and starts recording clippings of 30" during about one hour. This shouldn't happen since I've only activated "People/person" detection in the smart notifications for both cameras. Also here I've lowered the camera sensitivity from 80% to 60%, and now to 50%, but that doesn't seem to help. I probably shouldn't go lower than the 50% to avoid the camera not detecting an intruder. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Just to make sure, you are adjusting the sense levels in the mode you arm with ( and not the test area of settings )?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Just to make sure, you are adjusting the sense levels in the mode you arm with ( and not the test area of settings )?

Morse is faster than texting!
baptistevod
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for asking. I wasn't aware of the possibility to adjust sensitivity in the mode setting. Thought this only could be done in the test area. Thanks

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Front door (video mode FOV 110°)
In order to avoid any detection and recording of my neighbours cats and moving plants/trees, I've only activated "People/person" detection in the smart notifications. Nevertheless, my camera still detects the animals and record when passing. To avoid this, I've lowered the camera sensitivity from 80% to 60% and now even to 40%, which probably could cause an issue that the camera won't detect a human when arriving.

Smart notifications are supposed to only notify you of the selected objects. Everything is still recorded. You can not change this.

Living room and upstairs (video mode FOV 110°)
I have 2 Roomba vacuum cleaners/robots cleaning the 2 rooms every morning around 10 o'clock. In both rooms the camera detects the Roomba and starts recording clippings of 30" during about one hour. This shouldn't happen since I've only activated "People/person" detection in the smart notifications for both cameras. Also here I've lowered the camera sensitivity from 80% to 60%, and now to 50%, but that doesn't seem to help. I probably shouldn't go lower than the 50% to avoid the camera not detecting an intruder.

Maybe try setting up a schedule in modes to not record during this time frame. Again everything that moves is recorded.

baptistevod
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your answer. 

"Smart notifications are supposed to only notify you of the selected objects. Everything is still recorded. You can not change this.". Clear, thank you. 

"Maybe try setting up a schedule in modes to not record during this time frame. Again everything that moves is recorded." Thanks for the advice, but would still want to have images in case one would enter at that moment. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation