Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
nics
Aspirant
Aspirant

I own the “Arlo Pro3 2K QHD Wire-Free Security Camera System - 3 Camera Kit”. Purchased from Costco. One of my camera’s spotlight comes on a few seconds then turns off, at night for no reason. This occurs many times at night. There is no motion detected and does not record anything when the spotlight comes on. I know the spotlight comes on and goes off because I have a different brand camera facing the same way and it sees the light go on and off by the shadows it creates when it goes off. I am unable to attach the video because the extension is not supported here. My questions, why is this happening? How do I fix/repair this issue? Is there a fix? Is there a problem and/or need to new camera?

Thank you,
Nic

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can post links to the video but not the video itself.

I've seen the "light comes on briefly at night" issue for years on various cameras. I can't explain it but I suspect it has something to do with checking for updates or similar.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I have an Ultra which has been turning on the flood light since I got it ( almost 2 yrs )...

It comes on about 2-3 am for about 2 secs every now and then. I also see it from another camera that is powered all the time.

It has been investigated and it does have something to do with the camera checking itself.  ( out of your control, so nothing to fix ).  I have not seen it make really any difference in the "life" of battery.

Assuming you are having some what of the same.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I have this happen, believe it or not its the infrared turning on and off intermittently, you cant see it but the other cameras can, you can test this by toggling the night vision on and off and see what the other camera recorded
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
And the infrared can really light up an area and look like a spot light through another camera
nics
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat,

Thanks for the reply. 

Regards,

nics

nics
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks TomMac for the reply.  I did notice my battery life is still consistent with my other cameras.

v/r,

nics

nics
Aspirant
Aspirant

Shaun1234,

That is an interesting observation.  I will look a bit more into it.  

Thank you,

nics

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
No worries, i am still amazed at how it works, even creates shadows. My work colleague has a set of different cameras and they can also see each other's infrared.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes... with multi cameras the IR illumination will appear as a bright light to another camera.... so it is possible you can think it is the flood light.

I see it every now and then with indoor cameras too, as one turns on at night and the other camera sees it.

Morse is faster than texting!
Star
Star

I'm having the same issues but I don't think it has anything to do with night vision. When my spotlight comes on, you can tell it is the spotlight and the night vision because my spotlight always illuminates in color when it does and the night vision is never in color without the spotlight. 

nics
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good morning!  Sorry for late reply.  I agree it has nothing to do with night vision.  Your issue is what happened to me too.  I never found out why.  I can tell you that it has stopped.  I don't know why. It appears that it just fixed itself.  As of right now (19 May 2021), it has not repeated the issue.  

Again, sorry for late response.

v/r,

Nic S.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation