Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
loclhero
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had two older models of Arlo cameras and a few months ago added a third.  It's an Arlo Pro 3, the others are not but not sure what models.  When there has been movement on any of them, my phone gives me a sound alert and then I can see a number on my app icon that there is an alert.  I go to my app and in the library can see what the movement was.  This was fine until a few weeks ago.  Now, my two original cameras still show the activity but even though my app will show a red number in the corner of the library icon, when I click on it there is no recording of the movement.  I've checked this myself by walking in front of this camera.  It was fine at first but now it's not.  Can anyone help? 

3 REPLIES 3
dcfox1
Master
Master

On the Pro3 do you have a current Subscription for cloud recordings if the 3 month trial ran out?

Your older cams would still have the 7 day free cloud storage. (Pro2 and older)

loclhero
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't have any subscription on any of the cameras.  Are you saying that I now have to pay for a monthly subscription for this new camera just to see what's on my phone even when I'm sitting in my living room?  I get the notification that there's movement but it's not in the library on my app.  That seems pretty cheap on Arlo's part to force that. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

Yes for the Pro3 and newer, not your older ones. This  changed several years ago with the release of the Ultra. You can use local storage but not ideal. Depending on how many Pro3's you have you can get a single cam subscription. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation