Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 12 In Conversation
Warrick
Follower
Follower

Hi I have had pro 3 cameras for about 2 months and suddenly not recording to library or sending notifications. Spoke to support who were very helpful but unable to fix problem. They got me to disconnect a camera which now won't pair up again so they sending me another camera to try. I am in Australia. Any suggestions? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new firmware version was released for vmb4000 and vmb4500 base stations that resolves this issue. Please check your base station firmware version to be sure you received the automatic update. For more information on this release, take a look here:

Arlo Base Station VMB4000 - 1.15.0.1_3162_d878851 - 2nd January 2020

Arlo Base Station VMB4500 - 1.15.0.1_3092_d878851 - 2nd January 2020

JamesC

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Did support ask you to power cycle the base?

If not then remove power for a few seconds and then repower the base. 

sacornel
Apprentice
Apprentice

I updated my app today and my Pro 3 camera has stopped recording.  It does detect motion as my IFTTT triggers still work.  I rebooted the hub, removed the camera's battery for a few seconds, but nothing has fixed the problem.  Anyone else having issues?  Also, I have 10 pro 2 cameras and they are working fine.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sacornel,

Are you using the default "Armed" mode or a custom mode? Check your rules to make sure the Pro 3 camera is set up to correctly record on motion detection.

JamesC

annlou
Star
Star

Please report your issue to Arlo Support. They say I'm the only one having this issue when clearly I'm not.

cdow603
Tutor
Tutor
I also have Pro 2 cameras that are working, but the Pro 3 isn’t sending push notifications or recording, even though it’s configured to do both.

I can view live, and it shows that it detects motion, as the spotlight will turn on.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@cdow603 wrote:
I also have Pro 2 cameras that are working, but the Pro 3 isn’t sending push notifications or recording, even though it’s configured to do both.

I can view live, and it shows that it detects motion, as the spotlight will turn on.

Have you checked to see if it will make a manual recording?

cdow603
Tutor
Tutor
It will take a manual recording. Just did it now, and it saved to the library.
ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary
jomow
Tutor
Tutor

See annlou's  workaround in another stream on this same issue ...

"

I found this on another thread.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-3/Arlo-pro-3-not-recording-to-library/m-p/1747148/highlight/t...

It works but now footage on the cloud is not recording in 2k.

AND EVERYONE, RAISE A SUPPORT INCIDENT ON THIS!!

https://www.arlo.com/ContactUs/SupportRequest.aspx

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue resulted from a change that was made with Arlo Smart services impacting vmb4000 and vmb4500 base stations. The development team is working to release a fix for this very soon, we hope to have it available by January 2nd.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience while we work to release this fix.

JamesC

ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

So today my VMB4000r3 stopped recognizing my usb device. I was hoping it was due to a firmware push. I used the web app to restart it but it never came back online. I had to unplug the power and plug it back in to get the base station to reboot and come back online. USB storage is back but I still have Firmware 1.14.1.2_2916_1fdeefd. I hope that Arlo posts to these discussions when the firmware is pushed so everyone knows. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new firmware version was released for vmb4000 and vmb4500 base stations that resolves this issue. Please check your base station firmware version to be sure you received the automatic update. For more information on this release, take a look here:

Arlo Base Station VMB4000 - 1.15.0.1_3162_d878851 - 2nd January 2020

Arlo Base Station VMB4500 - 1.15.0.1_3092_d878851 - 2nd January 2020

JamesC

ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

Well it seems that after I received the latest firmware push, the recording and notifications for my Arlo Pro cameras are working pretty good. Not sure about the video doorbell yet. It's another story for my Arlo Pro 3 camera. I removed motion and tracking and have started receiving some alerts from the Pro 3, but my guess is 50% are showing up. 

The mobile apps (mine android and wife's apple) seem to work better than the web browser version. You now need to download the Pro 3 videos as you get a "This video is not able to play in your browser. Please download to view" message.

What gives?

• When is Arlo going to fix videos not showing up in libraries 
  • When are they updating the web page?
  • When is the web page dumping the use of Flash?
  •  When will I be able to view locally stored videos?

Just some of my gripes

SAM21
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same here. Most of my videos are not showing up in the library. Addition, after the last firmware update I would some time need to manually record or take snapshot and go back to the library to see previous videos. Arlo attempt to fix one problems and create another.
SAM21
Apprentice
Apprentice
My Pro 2 system has been working without any issues. Last year I updated to the Ultra system which has its own issues. However, I moved the Pro 2 system to another location (4 months ago). Now when the cameras are on the schedule (to change mode throughout day is not working) it remains on the same mode.
eelpout
Tutor
Tutor

my Pro 3 camera was working for uploads for a while after the initial firmware update a couple days ago (though the notifications -never- did) but now it's not working again. 😞

maybe I'll try removing and adding the camera again.

JHINDMAN675
Guide
Guide
My Basestation will not up date the firmware. When I try to manually do it the basestation states no update available.
Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 12 In Conversation