Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 keeps detecting me every single minute

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mike_Oakes
Aspirant
Aspirant

My new Arlo Pro 3 keeps detecting me every single minute, so my notifications look like this:

6:56 am: Motion detected: Backyard

6:57 am: Motion detected: Backyard

6:58 am: Motion detected: Backyard

6:59 am: Motion detected: Backyard

7:00 am: Motion detected: Backyard

7:01 am: Motion detected: Backyard

This makes it extremely annoying to do things like take the dog outside or mow the lawn. If I was going to host a barbecue, I would consider disarming the cameras for the afternoon, but I'm not doing that every time my dog needs to pee. You would think it would treat these all as a single motion event....

5 REPLIES 5
jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

That is pretty much how it works.  You can create a schedule to have that camera disarmed during the times you are at home and active in that area.  That is what I do with my inside cameras.

Mike_Oakes
Aspirant
Aspirant

That's extremely stupid. It should be able to see that the person who caused alert #1 is STILL in the backyard, and it's not a parade of people going by.

jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

If you read about the video recordings, it says it will record clips as long as there is motion up to (I believe) 5 minutes.  In reality, when I have a camera armed, I get a bunch of 15-20second clips and seldom one that lasts for a minute or more.

jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

Here is the info that says it should record longer

https://kb.arlo.com/1079027/How-do-I-adjust-Arlo-video-recording-length

dcfox1
Master
Master

Like @jsaus63304  said I have some of mine at 30 seconds or 1 min. If movement stops even for a little it will stop if on "until activity stops" setting. Then it takes several seconds to start again.  The set time works much better for me. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation