Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
bnmp27
Follower
Follower

If this subject has come up before, sorry.  Today I received my 2 camera setup for Pro 3 cameras, base station and accessories.  I am currently testing one camera and it seems to work fine BUT I do find there is an issue.  On my iPad Pro, I can stream a live feed with no problems, but when I try to do the same on my Mac Book Pro, the Arlo site keeps telling me I need the latest Adobe Flash.  As many of you know Flash is a security risk and Apple refuses to let people use it automatically.  On other sites when they request Flash, I get a pop up box asking me if I want to use Flash.  On the Arlo site, that does not happen, instead it keeps asking for the latest Flash which I have installed several times.  If I can't monitor a live feed from my MacBook Pro this whole system becomes less attractive.  If you have any helpful suggestion, please chime in.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not a Mac user but it depends on the browser used as to how to enable Flash for Arlo. Sometimes clicking on the "click here" link in the Flash warning message gets you the setting, other times selecting an icon in the URL bar gets you a setting change. I believe there's an FAQ here on how to set various browsers that may be of help.

It's also useful to NOT close down the browser so you don't have to keep making the setting. My computers sleep rather than shutting down, making this an easy thing to do. I then only have to change the setting on a reboot or a restart of the browser after an update.

Mikey94025
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The Arlo Pro 3 camearas record in HEVC  (2/H,265K) so there is more complicated browser compatibility.  You may try different browsers on your Mac for better results: https://kb.arlo.com/000062189/Which-devices-are-supported-for-HEVC-4K-or-2K-playback.  Are you using Safari?  Chrome and Firefox are not compatible per: https://caniuse.com/#feat=hevc.

dcfox1
Master
Master

I get notices when using flash it will be discontinued in dec 2020 so arlo will have to update this outdated technology.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Yes.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bnmp27 wrote:

If I can't monitor a live feed from my MacBook Pro this whole system becomes less attractive. 

If you are using Safari, check here: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enabling-flash-player-safari.html

If you are using a different browser, let us know which one.

Michael_Moore
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm above buying arlo3pro cuz i want to shoot all my work on it. Is it solve\possible to connect it to my macbook pro 2019? And is it possible to somehow attach it to my metal detector? Thx. W8ing for your response.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation