Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bill_R_2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro 3 (H10)

Firmware: 1.060.12.2_6_fd2b14a

Use latest iOS app 'Arlo Secure' downloaded from Apple app store.

Five cameras connected to our VMB4000 base station. all worked great.  About a week ago, Arlo Pro3 said firmware update available so we updated it. Now that camera and that camera alone will detect motion (records to the USB hard drive library), but never shows a video clip in the app. Other 4 cameras continue to operate correctly. We have done ALL of the normal troubleshooting techniques (reboot camera, base station, wifi, app) to no avail.  What gives?

v/r bill

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bill_R_2000 wrote:

About a week ago, Arlo Pro3 said firmware update available so we updated it. Now that camera and that camera alone will detect motion (records to the USB hard drive library), but never shows a video clip in the app. 

The Pro 3 camera requires a subscription to get cloud storage - did that lapse?

Note the only way to see locally-stored recordings with the VMB4000 is to eject the USB storage, connect it to a PC, and search the USB storage.  All recordings you see in the app are stored in the cloud.

Bill_R_2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

The odd thing is the Arlo Pro 3 worked just fine a week ago from the day we bought it. Before the firmware update, motion detected and videos appeared in the app and available on the local USB hard drive.  After the firmware update, no motion detection, no videos appear in app, but the videos are on the local USB hard drive.

The only thing that changed was the firmware update.

Bill_R_2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also, we've never had a subscription. Everything worked fine before the firmware update.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It could have simply been coincidence. Check Settings, Subscription or Settings, Home, Subscription to see if the trial is still there.

Bill_R_2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  We've had these cameras for years. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bill_R_2000 wrote:

Also, we've never had a subscription. Everything worked fine before the firmware update.

No idea how, since Pro 3 cameras have always required a subscription to get cloud storage, and your base doesn't support direct access to local storage.

Bill_R_2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Our base station supports local recording.  Currently contains hundreds of detected clips which I reviewed the other day.  We've never had cloud storage/subscription.  Arlo Pro 3 always recorded to base station local storage until the firmware upgrade. then never (and the clips were available in the Arlo Secure app.)

I appreciate everyone's feedback but my conclusion is that the Arlo Pro 3 firmware update broke the functionality to view recorded clips in the Arlo Secure app.  I plan to submit a ticket to Arlo informing them of such.  v/r bill

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation