Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Keep getting sound alerts when disarmed.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
RWD1
Tutor
Tutor

Over the last few days randomly the cameras connected to the base stations continue to send sound alerts even when they are disarmed. I have tried restarting the base station and cameras, resyncing and re adding, toggling settings etc but the result is the same. Super frustrating and shouldn't really be happening after 2 years of issue free use.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RWD1
Tutor
Tutor

Solution found. The latest software update on my Samsung/Android seems to have corrected the issue, not sure how but was obviously preventing something in the app from functioning properly. Perhaps the changes to the base station firmware update were a bit premature to coincide with whatever the Android update contained 🤷‍♂️

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just one camera or all of them? You might want to try removing one camera from your account and then reconnect it to see if that helps.

RWD1
Tutor
Tutor

Just one camera from what I have seen so far. Have already tried removing it and reconnecting it, made no difference.

RepoMan
Guide
Guide

I’m having the same issue. All 8 of my Pro 2 cameras are affected. Zero problems of any kind for several years, and all of a sudden, about the same exact time as yours, I’m getting sound alerts on all of them - even when their disarmed. I tried everything suggested, no change. Initially I assumed it was my base or my cameras, but now it looks like the problem was created by a software update pushed out by Netgear or whoever does the updates. 

jwruprecht
Initiate
Initiate

I have been having the same problem with one of my cameras (Arlo Pro 4 Spotlight)--having been working properly for a couple of years, a camera recently began sending alerts despite being disarmed.  Most often they are sound alerts, which is strange because while i have CO/smoke alarm sounds toggled on, I have other audio toggled off.  I have tried all of the things mentioned by others; reconfiguring alarm parameters, restarting the device, removing and re-adding the device, etc,--no success.  I don't know if it is causal or coincidental, but this problem began just after making a firmware update (current version is 1.080.19.1_34_db73aea).  My suspicion is that the problem is on Arlo's end.  Having tried all of the fixes that I can fathom on my end, my only alternative to continually being peppered with notifications now is to mute notifications.  

szinski
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have a VMB4000r3 base station with Arlo Pro 2 and Arlo Essential Indoor cameras connected to it.

I have a custom mode called "Armed Outdoors" that arms my Arlo Pro 2 cameras (located outside) but leaves my Arlo Essential Indoor cameras disarmed with privacy shields closed. This mode has been working flawlessly for over a year.

As of Tuesday (May 30), something has broken and now ALL of the cameras that are connected to the base station become armed, even though none of the indoor cameras are listed as devices for that mode. In other words, as soon as the mode is selected, all of the privacy shields open on my indoor cameras and they become armed.

For troubleshooting, I created a new custom mode and added ONE camera to it. Yet, when I enable that mode, ALL of the cameras arm. I also rebooted the hub and rebooted all of my cameras.

This behavior seems to coincide with the base station firmware update that was just pushed out.

szinski
Apprentice
Apprentice

UPDATE: I removed all of my indoor cameras and re-added them to my system. This fixed the problem... or so I thought. I then went to Smart Notifications and enabled Smoke/CO Alarm under Audio Alerts. As soon as I did that, the privacy shield opened and the camera armed itself!

So, I've narrowed the bug down to Audio Alerts under Smart Notifications. For now, I disabled Audio Alerts and the cameras are behaving themselves. But, this is clearly a bug as I had the cameras configured with Audio Alerts before and everything worked as expected.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Does this mean that if you have one camera rule in a mode with audio trigger active that all cameras become active?

JM-UK
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is really helpful as noticed the same thing. I raised a support ticket about this.

I've just tried disabling the Smoke/CO alarm options in Smart Notifications and so far, so good. Looks like you have found the root cause of the bug there!

RWD1
Tutor
Tutor

Solution found. The latest software update on my Samsung/Android seems to have corrected the issue, not sure how but was obviously preventing something in the app from functioning properly. Perhaps the changes to the base station firmware update were a bit premature to coincide with whatever the Android update contained 🤷‍♂️

RepoMan
Guide
Guide

That did NOT solve my problem. All 8 of my cameras are still giving sound alerts (even when DISARMED) after many years of trouble-free use. This definitely happened at the same time that it happened to you, to the exact day, and the issue persists to this minute.

I have an iPhone, so Samsung/Android updates obviously won't help me. This was definitely something that happened on the Arlo end, not on my phone.

I'm trying to be patient, but it's been a few weeks now, and I'm pretty much forced to look at new camera systems because of this. As it is, I can't turn on Arlo notifications, or they'll never stop. What clinched the deal is that Arlo couldn't care less, and never responded to this thread. I believe it's something they did, intentionally, to get us to buy a new system. Well it's working... but I won't be buying Arlo again.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation